Director, Corporate Strategy
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 2, 2024
This Director position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is located at the HealthVerity corporate office in Philadelphia. Remote hires will be considered but travel to Philadelphia on a regular basis is required.
How you will help
As a leader on our corporate strategy team, you will be responsible for recommending a wide range of strategic actions based on your assessment of competitive, customer and market forces. Your ability to synthesize trends, build economic models and manage through the advantages and disadvantages of various transactions will be tantamount to your success. Furthermore, you will work closely with other teams such as Finance, Sales and Marketing to align on various operational dynamics in ensuring the operating effectiveness of the initiatives that you pursue. You will be a key contributor to the long-term strategic vision of the company as well as a catalyst for many of the short-term actions that are critical to our growth strategies.
What you will do
• Lead and implement strategy to accelerate HealthVerity’s strategic growth priorities
• Direct development and implementation of strategic initiatives to grow the organization through acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, and similar opportunities
• Identify and evaluate growth opportunities, business model innovation and facilitate cross-business unit initiatives
• Be responsible for monitoring business trend outlooks and gathering competitive intelligence to contribute to strategic business planning discussions with leadership
• Evaluate and size market and customer segments, identifying growth areas for the company
• Form strategies and business cases to pursue high potential opportunities raised by yourself and other HealthVerity leaders
• Participate in all aspects in pursuing such opportunities that involve potential acquisition, divestiture, partnership or joint venture
• Play an integral role in establishing budgets and organizational structure to manage and oversee such opportunities
• Articulate and showcase the value of HealthVerity to potential partners and communicate partnership value to the HealthVerity leadership team
Required skills and experience
• Bachelor's degree in related field and a MPA, MPH, MBA or JD or comparable
• 3+ years of leadership with concentration in corporate and business development, strategic implementation, business planning or private equity/venture investing including experience in aspects of acquisitions, divestitures and collaborative transactions
• Track record of success in leading, complex initiatives and transactions such as development of new lines of business
• Background in corporate development or business development within healthcare delivery at an integrated delivery network, hospital system, law firm, investment bank, consulting or advisory firm, or comparable entity
• Excellent skills in strategic and quantitative analysis, problem solving, along with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to build trust, negotiate transactions and work with a broad group of executives
Desired skills and experience
• Track record of growth corporate strategy development and planning
• Identifies industry, market and emerging trends and creates insights and implications for the business
• Evaluates potential opportunities for organic and inorganic expansion and growth
• Ability to lead analysis, contemplate the strategic rationale for M&A opportunities and recommend high priority targets
• Actively builds market intelligence and competitive intelligence both to inform strategic decisions and the wider business development process
• Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives, develop and track implementation plans to ensure the right level of focus and discipline required to achieve goals
• Works on special projects to evolve and enhance the broader corporate strategy community
• Leads and mentors' colleagues and is motivated by developing the capability and practice of the broader corporate strategy team
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.