Manager, Software Engineering
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
How you will help
The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for the team that builds and maintains technology that enables large healthcare organizations to optimize their contractual relationships and engage in innovative reimbursements. The manager will lead & build a team of cross functional engineers working together to execute on our product and technical roadmap.
What you will do
• Manage & hire for a team of five to eight Software Engineers
• Work closely with Product Management to align on outcomes
• Conduct regular check-ins with your team
• Establish and execute on training programs
• Build a team-first mentality
• Responsible for cultivating career growth of team members
How success is defined
• Development plans identified for each employee
• Creating an inclusive environment where team members are able to contribute
• Regular 1:1s with direct reports and peers for coaching, feedback and career growth discussions
• Maintain job descriptions and check ins with recruiting around roles and responsibilities
• Regular team meeting to set goals and expectations that are clearly communicated
• Planning and review cadence with key stakeholders with an ability to sponsor technical improvements
• Success is celebrated
• Demonstrated ability to keep the company healthy
• Regularly shares decision and information coming from leadership
• Identifies opportunities to form cross-team connections and facilitates introductions
• Actively solicits feedback
• 2+ years of experience managing a Development team
• 5+ years of experience in Software Development
• History of delivering software in an Agile framework
• Experience building and maintaining software within AWS
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $100,000 - 150,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
While HealthVerity does support remote work with quarterly travel to our Philadelphia headquarters, our strong preference is to hire team members in the areas below as well as approved states in the Eastern Time Zone. Expansion beyond these markets will occur only when necessary.
• Boston, Massachusetts
• New York City, New York
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Baltimore, Maryland
• Washington D.C
• Charlotte, North Carolina
• Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
• Atlanta, Georgia
Approved States in the Eastern Time Zone include: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, MA, MD, MI NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, TN, and VA.
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia. We offer both hybrid roles and those with quarterly travel.
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.