Healthcare Data Stack Architect
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
How you will help
Platform Architects are Lean-Agile leaders who work across the organization, partnering with development teams, enterprise and system architects, product management, and leadership to help drive architectural alignment in support of Healthverity’s data mission. They are focused on both near-term support on tactical challenges, and evaluations in support of building an architectural runway for the modern data stack roadmap.
This critical role demands a proven data and technologist with progressive experience in the healthcare industry. As an agent of change and a partner across the enterprise you will drive best-in-class modern data stack build out to ensure HealthVerity’s accelerated and long-term success.
• New data stack up and running.
• Standards and principles published for usage of the new data stack
• All new pipelines start building on new data stack
• Start and lead a data management program
• Migrated all pipelines into new stack
• Technical debt reduced by 40%
• Old data platform retired
• Continue enhancing the data infrastructure for new data types ingestions
What you will do
• Partner with senior leadership across Business and IT to define the appropriate data architecture that supports HV data goals
• Drive continuous data technology transformation to minimize technical debt
• Architect and execute development of a highly scalable modern data stack on AWS/DataBricks that enables efficient data processing & modeling of massive data sets from numerous channels with an emphasis on security and data management best practices
• Should be able to present technical presentations to a technical and non-technical business audience
• Accountable for the development and maintenance for the multiyear Data Technology Roadmap
• Lead technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions and partner with technical teams to execute proof of technologies
Required skills and experience
• 15+ years of experience in software/platform engineering or data analytics
• Architected, designed and built data lakes to handle the three “V” of big data (volume, velocity & variety) in cloud environments with security (PHI/PII data, data encryption, etc) performance and cost in mind
• Hands on experience with the following technologies in last 3 years: python, pySpark, Databricks, SQL , scala
• 2+ years of experience with Medical claims, Pharmacy claims and Electronic Health (Medical) Records, or other healthcare data sets
• Expertise in data integration technologies such as ETL platforms, data observability & data catalog, API, and data warehousing
• Solid experience with an understanding of data management, SaaS, Information Security, and integration of data platforms
Desired skills and experience
• Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
• Should have experience with dataOps, Agile, SCRUM, XP development methods
• Have experience in Architecture Frameworks
HealthVerity synchronizes transformational technologies with the nation’s largest healthcare and consumer data ecosystem to power previously unattainable outcomes and fundamentally advance the science. We offer a comprehensive, yet flexible approach, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange (IPGE), that synchronizes unparalleled Identity management with built-in Privacy compliance and Governance, providing the ability to discover and Exchange a near limitless combination of data at a record pace. Together with our partners in life sciences, government and insurance, we are Synchronizing the Science. To learn more about HealthVerity, visit healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. All qualified job applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
Remote opportunities are not available in all areas and require team members to work from a fixed location due to tax and labor law implications - specific questions about remote positions can be discussed during the interview process with your recruiter.