Principal Software Engineer
About the company
Zephyr-7 is a venture backed stealth start-up on a mission to take video game social interactions and play to the next level.
We have a clear vision and path to evolve the gaming industry into a more positive outcome for both consumers and industry players.
Our core team is composed of highly experienced executives from the leading gaming, cybersecurity & business world. We are now looking for a mission led technical leader to complete our principal group. This is a rare and unique opportunity to architect, shape and deliver the software that underpins our vision.
Our firm is backed by world class institutional investors that share the importance of the mission (The fundraise will be announced at a later date). A combination of industry timing, technology advances and unmet customer needs, creates a unique moment to positively influence the future direction of gaming.
Zephyr-7 is a globally distributed company and this role will be 100% remote, with occasional travel for team off-sites and conferences.
You are a serial technical innovator, planner, leader of engineering teams and expert code developer. You are motivated to change the gaming industry for the better and are unafraid to create never before seen solutions that serve the most demanding audience at massive scale.
Above all you are an inspirational team member, creating culture and process that empowers the best work of those around you.
- You have previously led or played a key role in multi skilled software teams for innovative or products-at-scale and established a culture of engineering excellence / delivery
- A motivated self starter capable of articulating technical strategy, research, priority and delivery across a wide range of challenges
- A skilled team leader who has managed code and resources from internal and/or offshore teams
- Battle tested operational skills and experience to drive momentum, solve problems while maintaining highest standards of quality, security and delivery across diverse teams
- You are comfortable and skilled at communicating across a diverse set of technical and non technical stakeholders
- Software and database architecture
- Production server/cloud architecture
- Source code repo strategy and structure
- Design and development of tools to support authentication, user management, and various
- consumer focused product offerings
- Properly implement UI/UX standards and designs
- Generate highly readable code for complex tasks while ensuring sufficient logging for troubleshooting
- Scope and conduct technical research
- Create establish quality assurance processes and approach
- Manage all development operations
- Determine development team structures activities and roles
- 10+ years of development experience
- Passion for building great products that people want to use
- Demonstrated experience building software and system at scale
- Experience managing engineering teams & establishing technical best practices
- Strong, demonstrable capabilities with at least one high-level programming language and a scripting language (e.g. C#/.Net/Java/Python)
- Cloud systems - Azure / AWS development and deployment
- Advanced proficiency in database systems (SQL, NoSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with API development and integration
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to ship a working product
- Excellent communication skills & ability to work in a team
- Comfortable in early stage emergent and ambiguous environments
Nice to haves:
- Interest and knowledge of the video games and interactive entertainment industry
- Development experience within a security team or identity architecture framework
- Experience with machine learning and strong data science background
- Experience and comfort working with early stage startups
- Knowledge of privacy frameworks like CCPA, GDPR, etc
Diversity & Inclusion
Zephyr-7 is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.