Analyst, Art Finance
Art Analyst, Art Finance
About the Role
Yieldstreet’s Investment Team is looking for an Analyst to enter into a rotational program in our Art Finance vertical where you will be exposed to different areas in the firm. You will report to the Director of Athena Art Finance and play an integral part in the growth of Yieldstreet's Art Finance asset class. Athena has originated ~$700M in art loans and 8 Diversified Art Debt Offerings, making it a leading independent art finance company. Athena is also the manager of Yieldstreet’s Art Equity Funds. You will be responsible for providing assistance and general clerical support to Senior colleagues and various departments as needed, including providing assistance with inbound inquiries, loan underwriting and servicing, planning and coordinating company events, and helping with Art Equity Fund acquisitions and collection management. The ideal candidate will have a passion for art and for Yieldstreet’s mission to provide access to alternative investments and want to utilize your expertise to change the way wealth is created and help millions on their path to financial independence.
This is a full-time position for an employee based in New York, qualified to work in the U.S. For a graduate student completing a Master’s Degree in 2023, we are willing to consider part-time work through the end of 2023.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide assistance and general support to Senior colleagues and various departments as needed/requested, including artwork provenance research
- Assist with inbound client opportunities by updating client contact information, maintaining inbound opportunities in the CRM and and document management systems
- Organizing and preparing necessary documentation for internal preliminary review of proposed artwork collateral
- Help support loan underwriting and servicing on analysis and preparation of Investment Credit Committee Memoranda as well as maintenance of internal collateral information and post-closing/ servicing requirements
- Help support Art Equity Fund acquisitions and collection management by reviewing, analyzing, and tracking sourcing efforts, assisting with due diligence and administrative maintenance and maintaining internal portfolio information and post-offering launch and collection management requirements
- Work cross functionally w/ Marketing and Investor Relations teams to plan and coordinate events
What You’ll Need:
- BA Degree in Art History or related degree required, MA strongly preferred
- 1 – 2 years of work experience required
- Prior experience working in a gallery, museum, auction house or appraisal firm preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with polished and professional demeanor and mindset
- Must be an effective and proactive problem-solver; able to analyze situations thoroughly and to anticipate problems before they arise
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work efficiently both independently and with a team, with meticulous attention to details and dedication to work product
- Must possess an energetic, hard-working, collaborative and mature work-ethic; no task is too big or too small
- Computer literacy with high proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work legally within the United States
- This role will be based out of the NYC office and requires someone to be in the office 3 days/week
Yieldstreet is the leading private market investment platform. We believe that private market alternatives should be a fundamental part of your portfolio. That’s why we’re unlocking access to make it easier than ever to get started. We partner with top-tier investment managers to provide investors with a wide range of opportunities across real estate, venture capital, private equity, art, short term notes and more. All of our offerings are curated and vetted by our team to help investors diversify away from the stock market with confidence.
Join a team of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages who are on a mission to make alternative investments a fundamental part of the modern portfolio. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B. We get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites! We are a hybrid work company giving you the opportunity to connect with your peers in real time with the flexibility to work remotely a few days per week.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive compensation packages including equity
Health, dental & vision coverage with FSA/HSA options
Learning and Development stipend
Paid lunch once a week
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $70,000 + (Actual salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) Compensation package also includes equity.