Researcher and developer
Velocity is a growing startup, for developers - by developers. By using Velocity, local changes made by the developer are being reflected on the remote existing Kubernetes environments, allowing a faster development and debugging experience without complex configurations. All this is done with an exceptional developer experience and ease of use.
We are looking for a Researcher and developer with a passion for building developer-friendly solutions and eager to understand and shape how developers work.
In this role, you will conduct in-depth research to analyze programming language mechanisms and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new language features, improve performance, and increase efficiency. If you're passionate about exploring the inner workings of programming languages and driving innovation, we want you on our team.
Join our team and be part of a journey that will revolutionize the software development experience while fostering personal and professional growth.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with fellow developers in a top-notch technological team to design and implement new language features, ensuring they align with language specifications, to deliver the best customer-facing products
- Deliver innovative solutions to enhance build time efficiency in language implementations by identifying bottlenecks and areas for improvement
- Collaborate closely with fellow developers and other stakeholders to integrate research findings into practical solutions seamlessly
- Ensure KPIs and metrics are in place for evaluating the usability and necessity of every feature
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in programming languages, frameworks technology, and software engineering best practices to inform your research and development efforts
What you will bring with you:
- 3+ years of proven experience conducting research, advantage of research related to programming languages
- Demonstrate deep understanding of computer systems, memory management, and runtime environments
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to dissect complex technical challenges and propose innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, collaborating with Researchers, Engineers, and other stakeholders
- Passionate about pushing the boundaries of programming language design and implementation
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, languages, and tools as required for research and development
Nice to have but not a must:
- Contributions to open-source programming language projects or related field