Sr. Android Developer
This is your break-out opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup as a core member of its engineering team.
This Software Engineer role will be the first full-time engineering employee of the company and is mission critical. You will partner directly with the technical founder and creator of the TRAY system to take it to the next level of growth and scale.
You will be a lead developer of the Android-based POS and KDS code. The system operates at multi-billion dollar restaurant chains and you'll be a main contributor.
- Minimum 7 years hands-on experience in Android development.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and language-agnostic design patterns.
- Team player and driven towards self-improvement, development, and achievement.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Point of sales system experience is a plus
- Personable team player and easy to work with is a must
ABOUT THE COMPANY
TRAY is the Enterprise Point of Sale system of choice for large restaurant chains, ghost kitchens, family entertainment centers, malls, amusement parks, and more.
We offers a competitive compensation package with includes stock options, bonuses, and growth opportunities for the right candidates as well as work from home flexibility.
To learn more visit tray.com