Senior User Experience Designer
Posted on Wednesday, September 4, 2019
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
As our new Senior User Experience Designer, you’ll join a small team of collaborative user-centric experience designers focused on understanding our customers, continuously improving the Thrive Market user experience, and designing new features/functionality across our adaptive web and native platforms. For each of your assigned projects, you will partner with a Product Manager to shape the concept, execute iterative designs from wireframes and flows to refined detailed specifications, and collaborate with Software Development Engineers to see your design solutions through to launch. Your own ideas for projects will also be encouraged and you will have a significant impact on how customers experience Thrive Market.
- Solve complex design problems and own projects from beginning to end for native app and adaptive web features across mobile, desktop, and tablet
- Create design documentation including user journey flows, wireframes, visual designs, and detailed specifications of behaviors and design implementation
- Create prototypes and testing materials of various levels of fidelity, and conduct user research activities such as interviews, usability testing, surveys etc.
- Use qualitative, quantitative research data and hypothesis-based approach to design
- Understand the business requirements of each project
- Help implement and maintain Thrive Market’s design system
- Be a reliable source of guidance on when to implement which research or validation method
- Actively participate in design critiques
- Mentor and coach teammates
- 5+ years of success in product experience design
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating successful design solutions
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar professional design software tools
- Fluency in usability and interaction design best practices
- Excellent sense of visual design -- layout, composition, color, typography, etc.
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile web and native applications
- Experience with user-centric design processes and using data to inform design decisions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Experience using Jira, or similar team collaboration tools
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to independently lead and execute projects
- Curious, hungry, proactive, results-oriented, data-driven, and thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented environments
- Experience using data to inform design choices
- Animation skills
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Feeling intimidated or hesitant about applying because you don’t meet every requirement? Studies prove that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs if they do not meet every single qualification. At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we sincerely encourage you to apply anyways! As the great Los Angeles King Wayne Gretzky said, “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Take the shot!
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $160,000 - $190,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!