Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
The platform team at Thrive constantly innovates and builds highly performant and scalable services to help our product teams unlock delightful customer experiences. You will be empowered to be autonomous and drive critical initiatives that help drive the mission forward while continuing to evolve the platform. This role requires the individual to be driven, self -motivated and have an extreme ownership mindset.
- Develop REST, and JSON API services that enable new customer experiences
- Decompose existing services into scalable microservices where needed
- Build services that scale horizontally and provide low uniform latency as demand increases, leveraging the right tools (languages, databases, serverless, distributed streaming, etc)
- Working with Golang, Python, PHP, Java, AWS, Kafka
- Test-driven development from the get-go, to protect customer experience and build speed and reliability into the development process. Incorporate meaningful metrics into new services and functionality you build and evangelize them
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues and restore function
- Work closely with the product team and innovate game-changing ideas for the Customer
- Create discussions around architecture and code design choices where appropriate
- Use observability tools like New relic to continuously improve and optimize the code
- Be able to independently carry projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision. Able to estimate tasks accurately and partner with Tech leads and other peers in timely completion of projects
- 7+ years developing end-to-end high-traffic responsive cross-platform sites
- Working knowledge of Linux, Relational & NoSQL databases, serverless
- Working knowledge with different AWS services - Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch, etc
- Experience in building n-tier applications that can support millions of transactions per day
- Understand tradeoffs between architecture choices, and various database technologies i.e. Relational Vs Document Vs Wide Column
- Shipped multiple high-customer impact use cases through simple and effective solutions, in a highly trafficked customer-facing product
- Understand scaling and performance in a microservice architecture
- Experience using version control such as Git
- Able to prioritize Customer, Team, and Business ahead of everything else on a consistent basis
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Yoga, meditation, and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. We encourage you to apply if you are excited about this role along with our mission and values.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only contact applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $170,000 - $215,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!