Director, FC People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
As the Director of People Operations, you will collaborate closely with Operations leadership and local Human Resource Managers, providing strategic HR expertise to drive the success of our business and our people. This dynamic role involves overseeing day-to-day HR operations across Thrive Market’s fulfillment center network, ensuring compliance, and standardization while championing a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Develop and implement consistent HR strategies that align with the overall business objectives and support the company's growth across multiple sites.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to ensure people operations initiatives contribute to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Ensure consistent application and compliance with HR policies, procedures, and relevant employment laws across all sites.
- Stay informed on changes in labor laws and regulations, adjusting HR policies and practices accordingly.
- Act as a point of contact for complex employee relations issues, providing guidance and resolution to maintain a positive work environment.
- Foster a culture of open communication and inclusivity across all sites.
- Oversee and enhance performance management processes, ensuring consistency and fairness in evaluating employee performance.
- Identify training needs and develop programs to enhance employee skills, competencies, and career growth.
- Develop and analyze HR metrics to assess the effectiveness of HR programs and inform data-driven decision-making.
- Provide regular reporting to executive leadership on HR key performance indicators.
- Oversee the administration of employee benefits programs, ensuring competitiveness and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in negotiations and resolution of labor disputes.
- Lead HR initiatives during organizational changes and expansions across multiple sites.
- An average of 2 weeks per month of travel is required to our fulfillment centers in Batesville, IN, Wilkes-Barre, PA, and Reno, NV. Travel may be reduced if you are located in any of the listed locations.
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction and leadership in HR, specifically within a fulfillment center environment, with a focus on aligning HR initiatives with overall business goals.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience, showcasing a deep understanding of HR practices, policies, and regulations, preferably within the context of a fast-paced and dynamic fulfillment setting.
- Demonstrated success in managing large employee populations, preferably 400+ employees, with a track record of implementing effective HR strategies that contribute to employee engagement, satisfaction, and productivity.
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal labor laws, wage and hour regulations, and experience ensuring compliance within a fulfillment center or similar operational setting.
- Proven ability to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment while serving as an advocate for employees.
- Experience leading HR initiatives during periods of organizational change, such as rapid growth, restructuring, or process improvements, demonstrating adaptability and resilience.
- Proficient in utilizing multiple HR Information Systems (HRIS) to streamline HR processes, analyze workforce data, and make data-driven decisions to improve effectiveness.
- Strong project management capabilities, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks effectively, and deliver results within established timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, fostering open and transparent communication.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze HR metrics, identify trends, and develop recommendations for action that contribute to the overall success of the fulfillment center and the organization.
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $165,000-175,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health and Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!