Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for an accomplished Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Site Reliability team! You will be working alongside a team of dedicated Site Reliability Engineers. We partner with other Engineers and Technologists across the company to establish risk profiles in order to scale processes and practices that ensure a reliable experience for our patients, providers and a quiet on-call rotation for everyone. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about automating away classic system reliability issues, coming up with creative solutions to scale impact. We are looking for someone who has an aversion to the “throw more people at the on-call rotation” way of thinking! Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions!
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $135,200 - $185,900 per year.**
- Competitive Salary + Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
- Career growth opportunities
** Within the range, individual compensation will be determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, and skills. Please note that the compensation range listed reflects the base salary only, and does not include incentive target, equity, or benefits.”
What you get to do every day
- Automate operational tasks with Terraform, CI and scripts
- Build robust, scalable and availability patterns into the fabric of our ecosystem, tooling, frameworks and patterns to ensure that engineering teams are enabled to move fast without leaving reliability practices as an afterthought
- Partner with teams launching new products/features/services to establish SLOs and consult on the design to prevent second-order reliability issues from the onset
- Act as an escalation layer for incidents, participate in on-call for the infrastructure layer and design/implement/consult on org-wide on-call program
- Debug and triage production issues across the stack in partnership with teams/individuals and follow through to generate lessons and prevent/mitigate future issues
- Design monitoring and alerting systems in partnership with teams/individuals to detect problems on symptoms, not outages
- Mentor and share reliability standard processes and practices across the organization to cultivate a culture of reliability
What you bring to the role
- Background in Software Engineering including programming and common architecture patterns
- Proficient at modeling and reasoning about reliability risk across complex systems
- A passion for collaborating across teams and functions to achieve a common goal
- Competent in designing and building scalable, observable and robust systems within modern cloud environments (we use AWS and Kubernetes)
- Passionate about observability as a function of tracing, logging and metrics and turning data (we use DataDog) into tools to ensure reliable systems and fast response to complex incidents
- Desire to take ownership of problems and act on them independently in a constantly evolving environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.