We’re hiring a NY based Account Executive to join our Sales team.
About our team and what we’ll build together
Our sales team is a high-performing, tight-knit, “work hard play hard” group of people who pull out all the stops to get sh*t done. We work with the top agencies and clients in the country seeking out partnerships to drive revenue.
We’re looking for a NY- based Account Executive who is ready to jump right in, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native campaigns. theSkimm is for high-performers who love seeing the direct impact of their work, whether that’s by growing existing business, leveraging your own agency connections or pounding the pavement and introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands and advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. We work hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, and we develop creative and timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice and brand. You'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon and establish relationships with both direct advertisers and agencies.
How you’ll contribute to our mission
- Prospect and sell fee-based brand partnerships and native ad campaigns to top-tier ad agencies and client-direct
- Manage the RFP process in collaboration with our internal teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: native digital content, newsletter, audio and video ad integrations, social media & event sponsorships
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets as determined by management
- Work closely with Skimm HQ’rs across the company, including Brand Strategy, Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
You’re ready for this! Here’s a bit more about what we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of digital or integrated media sales experience, meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex custom content partnerships
- A deep rolodex of relationships and contacts with marquee media agencies and brands, and experience calling directly on C-level executives
- Industry knowledge and relationships with brands & media agencies- knowledge & contacts in the finance, tech, insurance, and real estate verticals a plus
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process and digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Creativity and ability to think on the fly
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, and the value we offer our audience
- Ability to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and energetic
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
The expected annual base salary for this role is $100,000-$125,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, B2B marketer’s newsletter The SKM Report, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app. We also house Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content, and our in-house creative agency SKM Lab, which conceptualizes, develops, and produces innovative solutions and content for brands to engage with generations of informed women. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than two million voting-related actions across the last four election cycles. We have mobilized hundreds of companies to join our #ShowUsYourLeave movement, which has created transparency and pushed for progress for Paid Family Leave in the U.S. And we’re empowering women to take agency of their lives and control of their futures through our State of Women initiative, grounded in a study conducted by The Harris Poll.
Come join us!
Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We have a hybrid environment and ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open.
We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York and will adjust this plan accordingly.
*Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!
Important Notice to Job Applicants residing in the State of California
Natural persons who reside in the State of California should review the Notice to California Residents (Job Applicants). You may have additional rights under California law.