Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide, processing over $6 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
Almost all ecommerce traffic comes from a mobile device; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Charlotte Russe, Pier 1, True Classic, and many more. Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to power their mobile experience by building mobile apps in hours (not months).
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance team to help prepare and review financial information, providing an accurate picture of the company’s fiscal health.
As we continue to grow, this role offers the unique opportunity to develop and improve building processes, work on a collaborative team, and keep company records up to date and compliant with financial regulations. If you enjoy building accounting processes, looking for ways to improve efficiency, recognizing unnecessary expenses, and staying abreast of changing regulatory requirements, this role could be a great fit for you.
How you will make an impact
- Maintain an effective, streamlined accounts payable process, including coding expenses to the proper accounts, setting up new vendors, and collecting W-9s
- Assist with accounts receivable invoicing and collections, including monthly reconciliations
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Process and review employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation
- Assist with the monthly financial close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with 1099 filings
- Other duties as required
What skills you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, preferably in a startup environment
- Proficiency with Xero or similar accounting software is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- General knowledge of GAAP, accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
Bonus if you have
- Experience with Bill.com
- Experience with consumption-based SaaS billing models
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Affordable, high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
· Flexible PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· One-time stipend for outfitting your home office, plus a recurring merchant shopping stipend
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup based in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing impactful work means showing up with creative solutions for our merchants and our business. We strive to make Tapcart a place where passionate, talented people can grow their skills and careers.
Read about our Series B fundraise for $50M in June 2021.
We raised our Series A for $10M in May 2020.
Check out what our customers are saying.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.