Senior Software Engineer, Data
Multiple locations · Arizona, USA · New Jersey, USA · Texas, USA · London, UK
Posted on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Tapcart is the ultimate mobile commerce platform fueling the fastest growing brands. We power mobile apps for over 50 million consumers worldwide, processing over $6 billion in mobile commerce revenue.
Almost all ecommerce traffic comes from a mobile device; we turn these users into high retention growth for some of the largest brands, including Charlotte Russe, Pier 1, True Classic, and many more. Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to power their mobile experience by building mobile apps in hours (not months).
As a Senior Software Engineer at Tapcart you will contribute to our Data Engineering team by developing innovative, customer-facing data products and by providing dataops support for our enterprise data warehouse. This role is perfect for an ambitious candidate interested in working on a wide variety of data-oriented projects with a small team. You will work with both small application datasets of thousands of records and petabyte scale analytics data. We are looking for candidates with a proven track record designing, building, and launching data systems with a focus on resilience, performance, cost-efficiency, and accuracy in the ecommerce space.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest cutting-edge technologies, is experienced with iterative development, is a good communicator, and is a strong creative collaborator. Presented with a problem space this person can translate business and data requirements into live production-ready stacks. This person will help shape internal data, data collection, analytics, experimentation, compliance, and business processes as part of a cross-functional team.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Create and implement efficient solutions to enrich existing data workflows
- Create software/technology that will be the foundations for future machine learning engines such as personalization and recommendations
- Identify and report data resilience issues to key stakeholders
- Define and implement Data Governance across the organization
- Handle PII with Google Cloud Platform Services
- Create data pipelines to handle batch and streaming ETLs
WHAT SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- 5-7 years experience in software / data engineering
- Be confident working with batched and streaming data systems
- Architect data-focused solutions and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Proven experience defining schemas, modeling data, authoring pipelines, and managing a Data Warehouse
- Experience in system architecture design, application development, and DevOps
- Experience with data engineering tools such as Apache Spark, Beam, Hadoop, Airflow
- Expertise with cloud-based solutions such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Data Encodings such as Avro, Parquet, Protobuf, Thrift, etc.
- Proficient with a variety of programming languages such as Java, Python, and SQL
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working with Data Science and ML tooling, Node.js, Mongo QL
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· 401K and stock options for all full-time employees
· Affordable, high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
· Flexible PTO and 11 paid company holidays
· One-time stipend for outfitting your home office, plus a recurring merchant shopping stipend
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup based in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing impactful work means showing up with creative solutions for our merchants and our business. We strive to make Tapcart a place where passionate, talented people can grow their skills and careers.
Read about our Series B fundraise for $50M in June 2021.
We raised our Series A for $10M in May 2020.
Check out what our customers are saying.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.