Head of Engineering (Director)
What Is Supportiv?
Supportiv is a peer-to-peer mental and emotional well-being platform that actively helps users with their everyday struggles, 24/7/365, at 1/10 the cost of therapy for true accessibility. Based on a multi-patented process, users are matched in under 60 seconds, according to their natural language expressed needs, to a dynamically formed peer group chat which is live moderated by a trained professional. As the chat unfolds, we understand more about what the user needs and precision-match hyper-relevant healthcare resources and services, in real-time.
Supportiv enables users to cope with, problem-solve, and heal from mental health struggles in an ultra user-friendly, practical, tactical way, outside the confines of the broken US mental health system, by harnessing the power of AI and natural language understanding (NLU).
Supportiv serves top employers and health plans, including two Fortune 5 companies. 82% of users rate the experience 4 or 5/5 stars, and we offer proprietary outcomes measurements unmatched in the industry.
Why Supportiv, Why Now?
- What Google did to Yahoo, Supportiv is doing to emotional/mental well-being. Instead of annoying signup steps, outdated forms, static menus, boring and non-relevant questionnaires and surveys, there is just one text box with a single question: “What’s Your Struggle?”™
- Multi-patented, cutting edge technology that moves with the speed of your thoughts. A platform that creates a supportive universe around you, precisely matched based on your conversation. With over 9 AI/ML algorithms deployed in production, working in real-time, Supportiv promises support in less than a minute, 24/7/365. We are the pioneers of precision-matched micro-community peer support groups with a human moderator at the center.
- Not everyone needs a therapist and anyway, there aren’t enough therapists for everyone. Supportiv bridges the gap, with the ability to scale care beyond measure, addressing the shortage and the mental health crisis while delivering clinical grade outcomes at 1/10th the cost via peer-to-peer support.
- We are growing: Our team is growing due to our demonstrated success with two Fortune 5 companies (among other customers) and over 1.1 million unique users to date.
- Round table culture and mentality: We care about each other, work well together, and respect each other’s work-life boundaries and preferences.
- Are passionate about improving the user journey and removing barriers to care in the mental healthcare space.
- Love bringing data scientists, frontend engineers, backend engineers, designers and test engineers together to solve problems. You love working with people with different backgrounds.
- Are looking for an opportunity to manage a team while remaining technically involved with the product.
- Can lead the team through security audits and client requirements.
- Are an agile purist and find satisfaction in clearly organized teams, Jira sprints, and transparent communication with business and product stakeholders.
- Enjoy keeping up with the latest and greatest technologies to keep DevOps, deployments, testing, and our systems at the cutting edge.
- Are a problem solver, self starter and come to the table with suggestions and solutions. Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- 7+ years of experience in cloud-based software development environments with increasing responsibility
- 7+ years working with Github, Jira (or equivalent)
- 5+ years working with: AWS, Google Cloud, Google FireStore, python, Angular, Node software stack
- 4+ years experience with analytics tools (GA, Mixpanel) & Bug tracking tools (Sentry, etc)
- 4+ years of experience managing and hiring teams, preference given to managing distributed teams
- 2+ years leading scrum teams, working directly with product leadership on prioritization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to go from new tech resource to CTO without skipping a beat
- Bonus: Experience as an architect for API / service-oriented architecture cloud systems
- Bonus: Experience working within an AI organization, deploying models in the cloud
- Bonus: Experience leading engineering efforts to commercialize APIs
- Bonus: Master’s degree in technology management, business administration, information system management, etc.
- Competitive compensation package with equity.
- Comprehensive health benefits for you (100% paid) and your dependents, including vision and dental, for full-time, US-based employees.
- 401k with vested match for full-time, US-based employees.
- Remote and location agnostic within US time zones.
- Flexible work, time-off and company-wide PTO time periods.
- Free, unlimited use of Supportiv’s anonymous peer support.
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary, close-knit, all-star team.
- Learning and development budget for conferences and courses.
- In-person team gatherings with a team building, non-work emphasis.
Sample Interview Process
- [15 min] Initial screen.
- Take home Code Review challenge
- In-depth interview stages:
- [30 min] Tech Strategy Presentation (prompt provided 3 days prior)
- [30 min] Behavioral and responsibilities interview.
- [30 min] Value and cultural fit interview.
- [30 min] Debrief with company Co-Founders.
- Reference check and make you an offer.
If you think you’re a great fit for this role, let us know why! Send your resume and cover letter to [email hidden].