Peer Support Moderator
We welcome psychology majors and/or grad students to apply for Peer Support Moderator roles.
The position is part-time/contract and 100% online/fully remote/work from home. Moderators designate their own flexible hours. All global time zones are welcome!
Global: Varies by countryWe seek candidates with:
- Passion for emotional health and mental wellness
- Capacity to provide judgment-free support on a wide range of topics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills such as active listening, validation, empathy, open-ended questioning, and group facilitation
- Ability to self-edit advice giving or armchair therapy (which is strictly prohibited)
- Openness to learning new skills and taking feedback towards professional improvement
- Eagerness to think about experiences through the perspective of the user
- Willingness to offer suggestions on how to improve the moderator and user experience
- Age 18+
- Fluency in English, including colloquialisms and slang
- Tech-savviness and strong wifi
- Minimum commitment of 5 hours of moderating per week
- Completion of a six-hour qualification course and exam (online, at your own pace)
- Successful mastery of moderating skills demonstrated via exam and scenario testing
Email [email hidden] with “Moderator Candidate” in the subject line. Please include:
- Cover Letter/Email Message
Supportiv is co-founded byserial healthcareentrepreneurs who believe inmental wellness for everyone,everywhere that'spennies-per-minuteaffordable.
Each user is matchedinstantly into hyper-targetedpeer groups based on thetopic he/she/they want todiscuss. Real humanmoderators (you!) guide theconversation to keep it safeand positive.
Supportiv also deliverspersonalized content andservice referrals that addressthe user’s underlying needs,all in real-time.