Engineering Manager, Targeting
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
Our microservices handle hundreds of millions of requests per day, upon which a platform for real-time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open-source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will guide the development and maintenance of our audience targeting system. This role includes a blend of hands-on development and guiding the team with day-to-day managerial decisions.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, manage, and build a team of developers through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Design and build a robust audience targeting platform that reaches the right audience anywhere, anytime
- Build high-volume services that are reliable at scale
- Develop big data solutions using open source frameworks
- Collaborate with and explain complex technical issues to Product and Project Leads
- Optimize and enhance existing products
What You’ll Bring:
- 4-5 years of experience using Rust, C++, Kotlin, Python
- 2-3 years of team management experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and low latency caches (Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience designing and maintaining Microservice style architecture
- Knowledge of modern design patterns
- Experience using cloud technologies (K8s, Istio, etc.)
- Experience using GIT
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience on AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure
- 4-5 years of experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- Work from home anywhere in the US
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.