Senior Engineering Manager, Performance
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN technology pushes the limits of application development taking advantage of the latest open-source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Our microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire, lead and manage a team of software engineers to implement comprehensive advertising performance optimizations leveraged by our real-time ad bidder
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, services, product management, and operations to identify performance improvement opportunities that will yield higher ROI for our customers’ ad campaigns
- Define and execute data analysis, testing plans, scenarios, and benchmarks to assess the impact of our ad performance optimizations
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance ad performance, software stability, and scalability
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas, ensuring measurability of the ad performance features that you ship
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers
- Understanding of ways to lead a team developing in an Agile environment
- Be willing to roll up sleeves and code / design, collaborating with the engineering team to contribute to critical projects, conduct code reviews, and provide technical guidance when necessary while balancing leadership responsibilities
- Foster a culture of continuous growth and improvement through coaching, mentoring, feedback and clear measurable outcomes
- Partner with business stakeholders, product owners, and design and data teams in a high velocity software engineering environment to define and bring new capabilities to market
- Effectively communicate the team’s progress to leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Lead complex initiatives and act as the technical subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation, deployment, and support for all software development in a fast-paced Agile environment
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of Java experience
- 8+ years experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- 4+ years experience leading a team of software engineers and a proven track record shipping products
- Experience working on complex ad-tech projects, such as bidders, pacing systems, or ad servers
- Experience working with highly available, high volume systems
- Kotlin, Python, Scala experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of modern design patterns
- Experience with Microservice style architecture
- Experience using Cloud hosting solutions (K8, Istio, etc.)
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of HTTP lifecycle
- Knowledge of Junit, BDD and how to write effective unit & functional test cases
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience on AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra (Preferred)
- Work from home anywhere in the US
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.