Senior UX Designer
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN is looking for a deadline-driven Senior User Experience Designer to join the UX team within the product organization in the world’s first Performance TV advertising platform. The ideal candidate will have an unbridled passion for UX and hit the ground running, quickly gaining knowledge of the platform while bringing their wealth of experience to execute innovative UX and UI design from concept to completion. Plotting user journeys, setting the acceptance criteria, and delivering quality UX while acting as the liaison between stakeholders on design initiatives. You are expected to be a strong voice of UX, schedule meetings regularly with key stakeholders, and champion our UX workflow.
The position requires a high level of proficiency in UI design and the ability to create a multitude of options for any given initiative to show your thought process visually. Creative vision and expert UX/UI design are of key importance to leading the team to rapidly design and prototype new features and ideas for current and next-generation MNTN products. If you fit this mold, are passionate about shaping exceptional user experiences, and want to be part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and dynamic team at the forefront of advertising technology, please submit your resume and portfolio.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with other MNTN teams to identify needs and carry out product vision
- Champion UX analytics by researching user base to identify opportunities for improvement
- Be a creative visionary behind innovations in the platform
- Execute compelling solutions for UX & design
- Prototype simple & intuitive experiences and collaborate with the development team to inform future product features and benefits
- Contribute to all stages of the product design process from concept to completion
- Use design to express your concepts and vet them with your peers
- Work with product design to bring the ideas to life
- Work cross-functionally across departments to be the voice of UX
- Collaborate daily with design team to constantly improve user engagement for new and existing MNTN products
- Build relationships and champion UX across departments
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of experience designing for SaaS platforms and consumer-facing self-service app
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Proven track record as a design & UX visionary and designing compelling solutions for UX
- High-level of proficiency with UI design
- High-level ability to answer complex questions and provide fully flushed-out solutions
- A passion for creating beautiful user-centric experiences
- Knowledge of the UX and software development lifecycle (Agile, Kanban etc.)
- Ability to generate product requirements and prioritize backlogs
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and pivot based on business objectives
- Experience with software development in a B2B or B2C “Web Application” environment
- Experience working cross-functionally across departments and being the voice of users
- Strong portfolio showcasing your design skills, problem-solving ability, and impact on project work
- Expert knowledge of Figma and Adobe CS
- Experience working with, building and maintaining design systems
- A/B Testing and UX Analytics (HotJar/Heap)
- Experience with JIRA
- Knowledge of front end development coding HTML & CSS
- Background in an AdTech, eCommerce, or client-facing SaaS platform
- 100% remote
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.