Software Development Engineer in Test
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
AT MNTN, you'll enjoy the fast-paced environment where you can obsess over customers by creating scalable automation solutions to improve the overall quality of testing and partner team operational work. You'll join our world-class product engineering team and be a crucial part of our exciting journey towards evolving our software to a new definition of state-of-the-art.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will build test automation infrastructure, harnesses, and tooling to help improve product quality and engineering productivity. You're detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, able to work independently, juggle multiple tasks at once, and maintain professionalism under pressure. You possess deep knowledge of software engineering tools, understand micro-services & data pipelines, and can drive design and implementation of automation execution of objectives in complex systems. You're a curious and collaborative visionary, someone excited about tackling the hard problems in technology and someone curious about machine learning and artificial intelligence tools & technologies.
MNTN is and always will be an engineering company that thinks big and takes risks. Together, we'll create and iterate on the products and tools of the future—for billions of users.
What you'll do:
- Own and drive the design, implementation, and delivery of test solutions using new or existing technologies that test major portions of software (e.g., significant component, set of features, applications or services) for large-scale, critical, and/or highly complex software.
- Create and maintain tools to measure the quality and integrity of data from ingestion through our pipelines to our data warehouse and reporting tools.
- Leverage manual and exploratory testing to inform your test automation and tooling priorities.
- Influence the product requirements and engineering architecture and write a significant portion of the code to verify the same.
- Ensure work is consistently high quality (e.g., maintainable, reliable, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices.
- Identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
- Optimize test automation suite for test execution time, parallelization, and test hygiene.
- Promote, encourage, and champion the use of automated testing.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and concise documentation of test plans, cases, and defects.
- Feedback Loop: Work closely with the development team to report, track, and resolve defects. Provide feedback on product quality and features—schedule and lead meetings with development and product teams to discuss testing plans, priorities, and coverage.
- Stay Updated: Keep abreast of new testing tools, methodologies, and best practices related to test automation.
- We have a standard cadence of team meetings to share work as well as casual, spontaneous collaboration often sparked through conversations in our team meetings or other communication channels.
- You will work directly within a squad development team and have significant ownership as you work within and across teams in order to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- You will research new frameworks and tools to improve test coverage.
- You will analyze Production Support tickets and updating test scripts to catch defects early.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of software engineering and/or software development experience, in a fast-paced & hyper growth organization with complex software systems.
- 3+ years of core programming experience with at least one software programming languages like C#, Java, Kotlin, Go.
- 3+ years of experience in developing SQL queries against large datasets.
- 3+ years of experience in modern business intelligence tools such as Informatica, Tableau, Oracle, SAP, Snowflake.
- Ability to programmatically test any software product and develop automation for it.
- Experience with researching, debugging, analyzing, and building tools & frameworks.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP or Azure, and cloud computing.
- Independent and entrepreneurial, showing the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Work from home anywhere in the US
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.