Director of Engineering, Production Ad Operations
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN has experienced phenomenal growth over the past few years. Our startup-based engineering environment yields a fast-paced time to market and demands a fast-paced production operations team. Our technology footprint boasts thousands of production services, enormous databases housing petabytes of data, and a complex pipeline that poses challenges when analyzing the downstream impact of any single individual production deployment. You’ll join a world-class product engineering team and be a crucial part of our exciting journey, ensuring our software and product value propositions operate smoothly and successfully throughout their production lifecycle.
As the Director of Engineering for Production Operations, you’ll be responsible for growing and managing a large group of teams focused on three key areas: Technical support for our client-facing teams, ad performance operations, and software development of internal tooling and monitoring solutions.
What you’ll do
- Develop a new team of client-facing support individuals responsible for fielding and triaging technical issues
- Adopt and develop an existing “performance ad operations” team responsible for monitoring, responding to, and escalating issues related to the health of our live advertisements
- Adopt and develop an existing software engineering team responsible for building internal monitoring & tooling solutions that service the two prior teams and engineering as a whole
- Apply and foster data analysis methods for diving deeper into complex production issues that span MNTN’s enormous technology pipeline
- Create and implement operational procedures and methodologies that you will apply across your three team functions
- Maintain broad-to-granular dashboards that give varying levels of stakeholders transparency on the health of our production systems
- Partner with customer success and engineering teams to streamline production response efforts while adhering to SLAs
- Prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and highly-matrixed organization
- Apply a strong bias for action and the ability to translate strategy into product and program plans with milestones and measurements
- Create and foster team collaboration throughout the organization to execute successful projects and procedures
What you’ll bring
- 5-7 years of Software Engineering leadership experience
- Extensive SQL experience, including interfacing with high volume (100M+ records) data warehouses and the ability to conduct complex data analysis
- Proven software engineering experience and a track record of shipping impactful, high-scale software into production
- Deep understanding of ad technology concepts, such as programmatic advertising, ad serving, attribution, ad KPIs (ROAS, CPA), bidding, and inventory (e.g., DSPs, SSPs)
- Experience maintaining, monitoring, and triaging the health of large, complicated, highly available production systems
- Operational experience, such as building and maintaining production processes, escalations and SLAs, tech support teams, or client-facing teams
- Communication skills working with technical and non-technical stakeholders and the ability to tailor your messaging to your audience
- Experience with researching, debugging, analyzing, and building tools and frameworks
- Willingness to get hands-on when needed and lead by example as you grow your teams to their full potential
- Independent and entrepreneurial, showing the ability to work with minimal direction
- 100% remote
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.