Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN technology pushes the limits of application development, taking advantage of the latest open-source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands. Our microservices handle hundreds of millions of requests per day, upon which a platform for real-time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open-source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
As an Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance you will create and implement testing strategy driving the quality of our hardest & most complex customer-facing products to a world-class level while managing a team of quality assurance engineers and software development engineers in test. The successful Engineering Manager, Quality Assurance will be obsessed with continuous quality improvements through means of automation & measuring success using various quality metrics & methodologies. In your role, you will be able to dive deep into system design and architecture, develop test plans and mentor product & quality engineers to insist on high standards. You’re highly committed to creating world-class automation infrastructure using the latest technologies, productivity tools to bring efficiency & effectiveness to the quality processes & regressions as well as new features testing cycles.
You will work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements, understand how all elements of the system and services come together, and develop the right QA approaches to deliver results with bias for action.
At MNTN, we deal with data, so having expertise and proficiency in SQL, Postgres, Big Data and ETLs is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and drive data integrity, ETL pipelines test automation infrastructure across our esteem products.
- Drive the strategy for automation tools or scripts to improve product and engineering health.
- Deliver test plans based on Product Excellence/test strategies. Own test plan reviews with engineers and other stakeholders across functions.
- Guide the test framework, test preconditions, and other test control and reporting functions to enable others to test functionality.
- Own opportunities and manage efforts to improve existing test infrastructure or create new test infrastructure to increase efficiency and productivity in test case development, scheduling, or deployment.
- Lead product design reviews with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and other stakeholders to contribute to product design, testability, and implementation.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in building and scaling quality assurance team(s).
- 8+ years of experience in coding, developing test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging.
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast paced and complex, matrixed organization.
- 4+ years of experience providing technical leadership and leading projects (e.g., test, release, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience working with cross-functional stakeholders, developers driving best practices, tooling & processes.
- Familiarity with SQL, Postgres, ETL pipelines.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with collaboration experience with the rest of the test & engineering managers to drive quality & automation.
- 100% remote
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
Our recruiters will always reach out using an email address ending with @mountain.com. If you’re contacted by someone without that address and they mention a Reference Code (which we never use), then that ain’t us folks. Tell those trolls to take a hike–you’re waiting to climb a MNTN.
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.