At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform, originally coded by our President and CEO, and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Data team, you will help build the platform to generate, track, manage and triage key business and client success metrics. The goal is to have rapid insights across all available information to mitigate issues and identify opportunities for a smooth marketing experience.
- Become the expert on the MNTN platforms, UI, data infrastructure, and data processes
- Extract meaningful business metrics from raw data using SQL and other tools
- Create and manage ETL/ELT workflows that transform our billions of raw data points daily into quickly accessible information across our databases and data warehouses
- Organize data and metrics for measurable and trackable confidence in reporting and client performance to fulfill agreed-upon quality standards
- Organize visualizations, reporting, and alerting necessary to rapidly illustrate performance, data quality, trends and opportunities
- Investigate critical incidents and otherwise ensure that any issues reach resolution by the relevant parties
- 5+ years of experience related to data engineering, analysis and modeling complex data
- Strong experience in SQL, data modeling, and manipulating and extracting large data sets.
- Hands-on experience working with data warehouse technologies. Familiarity with building data pipelines and architectures and designing ETL flows.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, or shell scripting. Familiarity with algorithms.
- Familiarity with software processes and tools such as Git, CI/CD pipelines, Linux, and Airflow
- Experience with working in a cloud computing environment such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Familiarity in a business intelligence tool such as Domo, Looker or Tableau
- Written and verbal communication skills to convey complex technical topics to non-technical audiences across the organization
- 100% remote
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including, Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.