Backend Software Engineer
At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition, and accountability – but most importantly, we really enjoy working here. We pride ourselves on our self-service platform and are constantly seeking to improve the user experience for our customers and scale for efficiency. Our startup spirit powers our growth mindset and supports our teammates as they build the future of ConnectedTV. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers – and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN technology pushes the limits of advertising technology by taking advantage of the latest open-source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our customers’ hands.
Our microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build a robust marketing platform that reaches the right audience, anywhere, anytime
- Build high volume services that are reliable at scale
- Develop big data solutions using open source frameworks
- Collaborate with and explain complex technical issues to Product and Project Leads
- Optimize and enhance existing products
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-5 years of Java, Kotlin, or Scala development experience
- 1-2 years of experience writing SQL queries and designing database tables
- Python experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of modern design patterns
- Experience with Microservice style architecture
- Experience using Cloud hosting solutions (K8, Istio, etc.)
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of how to write effective unit & functional test cases using test frameworks such as Junit
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience on AWS, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as Cassandra (Preferred)
- 100% remote
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation allowance
- Three-day weekend every month of the year
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Access to coaching, therapy, and professional development
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct-response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. As a result, thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including, Petsmart, Build with Ferguson Master, Simplisafe, Yieldstreet and National University.
Something looks off?