Director of Strategic Finance
Accounting & Finance
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Truckers move America’s economy. At SmartHop, we're committed to leveling the playing field in the trucking industry for small fleet companies. Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry.
Our tech-enabled platform provides easy load booking, data-driven strategy and decision-making, trucking management, and business solutions aimed at helping small fleets earn more and stress less.
We're proud to have been recognized by Forbes, in its list of America's Best Startup Employers 2023, and Built In, as one of the Best Places to Work in Miami for 2023, for our culture. We celebrate talented individuals who can bring new perspectives and new ways of thinking by fostering an environment of employee empowerment, inclusion, diversity, and authenticity whereby each team member is contributing to keep us ahead of the curve.
Founded in 2018, we are a global remote company with our headquarters in Miami. We are backed by investors such as Union Square Ventures, Sozo Ventures, Equal Ventures, and Las Olas VC. We raised $30 million in our series B funding at the start of 2022, bringing the company’s total funding to over $46 million.
About the Role
As Director of Strategic Finance, you will report to the CEO and play a key role in shaping the company’s strategy, driving financial planning, and managing all financial matters.
You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to build financial plans, conduct analysis to drive data-driven decision-making, and provide insights to influence strategic and operational decisions.
Qualifications: Must Have
- 7+ years of overall financial experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong technical skills in finance and accounting, including financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis.
- Ability to influence the executive team and Board of Directors on key strategic and operational decisions.
- In-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote use of financial metrics and scorecards as well as a track record of standardizing data and processes across functions.
- Experience identifying new business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape, and developing financial models that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Strong leadership and management skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams.
- Comfort working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives, and business partners.
Qualifications: Strongly Preferred
- Experience at a fast growing, tech start-up in the trucking industry.
- CPA or CFA preferred.
- English: B2+ proficiency level.
- Strong financial aptitude.
- Proficiency in modern finance and accounting software and platforms.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets with large datasets.
- Lead financial forecasting, budgeting, and reporting processes, ensuring accuracy and consistency across the organization.
- Build and maintain financial models, analyze new trends and initiatives, and provide financial analysis and insights to support decision-making.
- Direct and manage the finance and accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Assist with the management of investor relations, including crafting financial communications, providing timely reporting, and building board presentations.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders.
- Support business partners as a financial resource, including projects such as ROI analyses, and general budget variance analysis.
- Develop financial systems infrastructure to support the company's growth.
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and accounting standards.
We know our people are our number one asset, therefore we put a premium on hiring and retaining the best talent. For that reason, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and a benefits package.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. For individuals hired to work in New York City/California/Washington State, SmartHop is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range is specific to the locations listed above and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. A reasonable estimate is $150k USD, yearly.
For those outside of NYC/CA/WA, your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Work authorization is required for the US & COL.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid local holidays.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid bereavement leave.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible remote work.
- Employee engagement activities.
- Health insurance, for US & COL.
- 401(k), for US.
- And more...
See more open positions at SmartHop
Something looks off?