Head of Revenue
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2023
Truckers move America’s economy. At SmartHop, we're committed to leveling the playing field in the trucking industry for small fleet companies. Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry.
Our tech-enabled platform provides easy load booking, data-driven strategy and decision-making, trucking management, and business solutions aimed at helping small fleets earn more and stress less.
We're proud to have been recognized by Forbes, in its list of America's Best Startup Employers 2023, and Built In, as one of the Best Places to Work in Miami for 2023, for our culture. We celebrate talented individuals who can bring new perspectives and new ways of thinking by fostering an environment of employee empowerment, inclusion, diversity, and authenticity whereby each team member is contributing to keep us ahead of the curve.
Founded in 2018, we are a global remote company with our headquarters in Miami. We are backed by investors such as Union Square Ventures, Sozo Ventures, Equal Ventures, and Las Olas VC. We raised $30 million in our series B funding at the start of 2022, bringing the company’s total funding to over $46 million.
About the Role
The Head of Revenue will be responsible for overseeing SmartHop’s go-to-market strategy for our SasS platform and FinTech products.
The Head of Revenue will be directly responsible for revenue and revenue growth. In this role you will identify and execute strategies to improve the messaging, marketing, and sales of SmartHop products, leading to increased client growth.
The Head of Revenue will also work with the CEO to establish sales and revenue targets, and then implement plans and initiatives intended to ensure the organization achieves those results.
Lastly, the Head of Revenue will build new strategic partnerships and grow existing relationships, and identify opportunities for future product and revenue expansion.
The Head of Revenue will report directly to the CEO. The Head of Revenue will be a part of the SmartHop executive team. The Head of Revenue will directly manage 3 teams: marketing, sales and strategic account management. You will be responsible for owning and driving our sales and marketing strategy. Your goal is to generate maximum revenue with the best margins possible.
- 5+ years of experience in similar (or same) role.
- Experience selling B2B software products.
- Experience in the trucking and logistics industry, preferred.
- A track record of implementing sales practices and building successful sales teams.
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in order to coach and develop your team.
- Proven experience of managing multiple projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence the executive team and Board of Directors on key strategic and operational decisions.
- Experience identifying new business opportunities, analyzing the competitive landscape and developing financial models that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
- Ability to contribute to an executive team and build/maintain strong company culture.
- Set and execute upon the company’s go-to-market strategy with the main objective of driving revenue growth
- Own and execute the go-to-market strategy with the sales + marketing team
- Maximize the team’s revenue, by signing up new customers, upselling to existing clients and implementing agreed price uplifts
- Determine pricing strategy
- Understand the trucking market and competitive landscape, leading to insights on how to message and sell SmartHop products
- Work with the Sale Team and other Executive Team members to establish team sales quotas, growth plans, management, marketing, and market-capacity requirements
- Help/motivate and facilitate the sales team to reach quarterly and annual goals
- Assess current sales practices, and team structure, then implement changes to optimize performance
- Assess current marketing practices, and team structure, then implement changes to optimize performance
- Identify which marketing channels are most effective for SmartHop and build and execute planes to acquire leads via those channels
- Work with a team of account managers to ensure optimal customer experience and account retention + growth
- Act as a strategic business partner, thought leader, advisor, and partner to the CEO and cross functionally across the organization to establish to support the growth and culture of SmartHop
- Deliver feedback to Operations and Product leadership to drive improvements in product and process
- Identify and execute new revenue models and channels
We know our people are our number one asset, therefore we put a premium on hiring and retaining the best talent. For that reason, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and a benefits package including 401k; family medical, vision and dental programs; unlimited vacation; and paid parental leave.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. For individuals hired to work in New York City/California/Washington State, SmartHop is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This range is specific to the locations listed above and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $250k USD a year.
For those outside of NYC/CA/WA, your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Work authorization is required for the US & COL.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid local holidays.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid bereavement leave.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible remote work.
- Employee engagement activities.
- Health insurance, for US & COL.
- 401(k), for US.
- And more...
See more open positions at SmartHop
Something looks off?