Lead QA Engineer
Zelis’ Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will provide quality assurance expertise to contribute to the success of all technology initiatives. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will support Zelis’ business imperative of ensuring technology enabled business solutions are deployed into production environments with zero defects. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will perform their job function by supporting all aspects of Quality Assurance including: Test Strategy, Test Planning, Test Script Authoring, and Test Script Execution (Manual and Automated). The role will also be responsible for measuring quality and identifying metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Review and approve business requirements to ensure that all aspects of product quality have been considered while also confirming that each business requirement has clear acceptance criteria.
- Document test strategies and test plans, for new product development, with input from application development and business operations stakeholders.
- Document test scripts and create test data, ensuring full test coverage, with input from application development and business operations stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain regression testing frameworks/testbed and test harnesses.
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts in support of: Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and Performance Testing.
- Monitor and communicate testing progress, against plan, to technology and business operations stakeholder groups.
- Document defects in defect tracking tools and facilitate defect resolution calls with application development and business operations stakeholders.
- Communicate, mitigate, and resolve issues and risks associated with test planning and test execution.
- Create and maintain dashboards of Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as Defect Escape Rate and Defect Density.
- Contribute to creating, maintaining, and evolving Quality Assurance practices and standards that are leveraged across Zelis.
- Contribute to implementing and evolving software development methodologies while also contributing to the evaluation and selection of QA automation tools.
- Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other four year degree with significant IS experience OR equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- 2 + years hands on experience in developing automation test scripts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex information systems environment.
- In depth understanding of and experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies used to guide development projects.
- In depth understanding of testing fundamentals, test management tools, and defect tracking tools.
- Experience in navigating databases and the ability to run SQL queries in support of analysis work.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting with minimal direction/supervision.
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrating critical thought in a complex business environment.
- Demonstrated effective professional communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Azure/AWS (Preferred)
- Selenium/Protractor (Preferred)
- Jira/Zypher (Preferred)
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.