National Client Executive
The National Account Executive is responsible for overall management and primary point of contact for Zelis’ largest clients. The National Account Executive, in conjunction with national account leadership, manages a strategic book of business comprised of Zelis’ most critical clients and will work with Enterprise Business Units by achieving annual revenue goals, ensuring client retention, fostering growth with additional products and services, and maintains high levels of client organization to ensure that Zelis’ delivery exceeds client expectations and drives a superior customer experience.
The National Account Executive will play a direct role in providing exceptional service, and client-specific project and product management. They will maintain and develop complex relationships both internally and externally to sustain and build upon Zelis’ value proposition.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Develops a “trusted advisor” relationship with key decision-makers and management personnel at various levels within the client
- Assists national accounts leadership in developing a comprehensive account strategy for expanding the range and quantity of services for customer across the Zelis product portfolio.
- Helps support growth planning to increase wallet-share and product expansion to clients
- Supports regular communication of client development plans and status to enterprise National Sales/AM and Business Unit Leadership
- Identifies important trends by monitoring and investigating payment and claim processing, financial/savings, and specific client data. Communicates to others both internally and externally through formal (and informal means). Executes action plans when necessary.
- Develops, contributes, and/or manages projects, process improvements, and strategic initiatives consisting of cross-functional and cross-company teams that include: Payer/Provider Efforts, Zelis and Client Systems, Multiple LOBs (Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial), multiple Zelis products, and miscellaneous ad-hoc requests from clients.
- Works closely with clients to intimately understand their business strategies, needs and challenges. Independently investigates and learns about the client and industry.
- Supports development and communication of client specific presentations, reports, KPIs and business metrics.
- Serves as a liaison between the different organizational departments and/or LOBs of Zelis and our clients to drive client satisfaction and operational efficiencies
- Analyzes performance results on a monthly basis to identify and confirm trends, opportunities, competitive landscape and other variables, communicates trends to leadership
- Responsible for risk identification and mitigations such as volume decreases, service gaps, changes in client level relationships and key advocates. Escalates to key leadership as appropriate. Executes on risk mitigation strategies
- Engages with internal stakeholders to lead resolution of escalated client issues
- Understands and communicates Zelis’ key differentiators, product strategy, product features and functionality and their applicability to client
- Maintains awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis standards regarding privacy and security, and handles confidential information appropriately
- Travel requirements within United States: ~25-33%.
What you will bring:
- Bachelors Degree in related area including but not limited to Healthcare Administration, Business/Management, Finance, or Marketing
- 5+ years’ experience working in Healthcare IT or Fintech with or for major health insurance companies
- At least one year in consulting, client management, project management, sales or similar client facing roles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation, public speaking, and meeting management capabilities. Ability to tailor messages to audiences appropriately.
- Synthesizes complex issues and communicates clearly to both clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and interact formally and informally with Directors, VPs, and Senior Executives at Fortune 50 companies
- Foundational knowledge of Zelis product portfolio, implementation process and overall strategy of Zelis national account management
- Has capacity to and demonstrates knowledge of assigned client base, including industry and operations of healthcare adjudication, payment, and support processes
- sense of urgency and ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong listening and comprehension skills, can understand and address client concerns, feedback, and appropriately manage dynamic and spontaneous discussions with senior personnel at clients.
- Ability to analyze healthcare information and data, can appropriately summarize and speak to data/information accurately and succinctly.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and navigate systems and processes internally and externally
- Can operate independently, act as a self-starter, intellectually curious, and demonstrates personal accountability for delivery of Zelis value proposition to clients.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Power Point, and other MS Office products. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.