Zelis is seeking a talented Sr. Front-End Web Engineer to join our team. As a Sr. Front-End Web Engineer, you will be pivotal in creating and maintaining our design system's visual and interactive elements. Your front-end development and design expertise will contribute to our digital products' consistency, efficiency, and usability across various platforms. Collaborating closely with designers and application developers, you will help shape the user experience and ensure seamless integration of design and code.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Working with the visual design team, apply Figma designs to existing Angular Material and Bootstrap based design systems used in application development.
- Build new reusable and responsive UI components to improve productivity of application development teams and create consistency in the user experience across Zelis products.
- Collaborate with other visual design team and application development teams.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews to maintain code quality adherence to design system standards.
- Contributing to the documentation of the design system components guidelines, and usage instructions.
- Experience with Bynder.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web development, design, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Solid understanding of UI/UX principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of Figma and Figma Development mode.
- Experience building reusable and responsive UI components.
- Strong experience working with CSS frameworks, preferably Angular Material and Bootstrap.
- Proficient in writing clean, modular, and scalable code.
- Experience with responsive design and mobile-first development.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, Git, branching and version control.
- Strong English language and interpersonal skills for collaboration with visual designers and application development teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.