Technical Product Analyst
The Technical Product Analyst role bridges product development, client support, and Agile practices while working on the Product team. Responsibilities include delivering high impact data analysis to cross functional stakeholders, Agile participation, translating user needs into technical specifications, conducting product demos, and providing first-line client support. You'll generate data-driven insights, and collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering.
Strong organizational skills, clear communication, and innovation are essential. One of the core competencies of a Technical Product Analyst will be expertise in data analysis, with a focus on deriving insights from large data sets.
- Participate in relevant Agile ceremonies: Daily Stand-Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective.
- Serve as the first point of contact for client inquiries, providing timely and accurate responses to questions and issues related to our products.
- Generate reports using SQL and Tableau to support Sales and Account Managers in their efforts, including data availability and network insights.
- Collaborate with the marketing team by providing data and analysis to create compelling content and promotional materials.
- Assist with the elaboration of the user stories and requirements translating user needs into technical requirements for our development team.
- Conduct product demonstrations to showcase the features and capabilities of our product.
- Consult with the business and product owners to prioritize and shape the product backlog, using Agile practices for prioritization around business value
- Conduct research to identify and evaluate potential data sources for product enhancements, such as Medicare fee schedules, utilization data, UDS data, and provider services data.
- Collaborate with Solution Owners and/or Product Managers when defining product release content and timeline, applying product development principles, innovative thinking and a focus around the customer or user experience.
- Perform analysis and identify gaps in functionality for system integrations.
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- The ability to multi-task and work on multiple assignments will be required.
- This individual must also demonstrate clear and concise communication both verbally and in writing. Including sales, client facing teams and clients
- Actively contribute innovative ideas and support ad hoc projects, including time-sensitive requests
- Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives, and goals, develops schedules, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
- Maintains awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- Strong SQL knowledge and expertise required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence, etc.) and/or Product Board is a plus
- 3+ years of experience with Business Analysis and/or Data Analysis
- 3+ years of experienced healthcare industry business/product analyst with expertise in managed care, claims pricing/adjudication, EDI, government programs
- Strong SQL knowledge and expertise required
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies including experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in product development life cycle
- Experience with writing business requirements, technical requirements, user stories, enabler stories, functional specifications, and/or quality assurance testing
- Preferred skills include formal training/certifications in Business/System analysis; familiarity with latest UI/UX design guidelines; knowledge/experience with SAFe/Agile methodologies; prototyping experience
- Creative problem-solving skills, leveraging insights and input from other parts of an organization
- Ability to travel as required meeting team and department goals
- Ability to think and act strategically, and as well as execute tactically with bias toward action
- Consistently demonstrate ability to act and react swiftly to continuous challenges and changes
- Excellent analytical skills with data and analytics related solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization and project / process management skills
- Strong initiative, self-directed and self-motivation
- Good negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred in business, healthcare, or technology
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.