Lead Software Engineer- Smartshopper
The Software Engineer is accountable for developing information technology-enabled business solutions that are both scalable and reliable. The Software Engineer will perform their job function by executing all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle including Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing while working in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Work within an agile scrum team in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
• Develop software by analyzing business requirements; conferring with management and users; analyzing systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Participate in established development standard and software development lifecycle.
• Strong knowledge of Azure
• Knowledge of QA methodologies, writing test plans and test cases, and exploring creative testing ideas.
• Assist with code build and deployment processes.
• Communicate with internal and external peers as well as leadership to demonstrate progress and advise of challenges encountered on assigned projects.
• Knowledge of how to use test management tools like JIRA, Zephyr scale, Azure DevOps etc.
• Able to think and act both strategically and tactically to deal with ambiguity, manage changing priorities, and influence others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly and analytically, problem solving, scope business requirements, and prioritize work on projects.
• Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities.
• Protect operations by improving security and by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplish Zelis’ mission by completing related results as needed.
• Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other four-year degrees with significant IS experience OR equivalent experience.
• 5 years of software engineering experience.
• Experience using C#, SQL Server and Microsoft Visual Studio preferred
• Applied Learning – Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job, works hard to better self in work role. Devotes significant time to personal and professional development. Ability to accept and learn from guidance provided by your department mentor.
• Problem Analysis and Solving – Ability to analyze and work through a problem effectively and provide a solution. Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex production issues under the supervision of a more experienced developer. Ability to understand and apply concepts of objected oriented programming.
• Teamwork/Collaboration – Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people. Treats people with dignity, respect and fairness. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes and requirements.
• Time Management – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Able to work both independently and as a team effectively.
• Communication – Communicates accurately and effectively both in oral and written form. Practices active listening. Expresses thoughts and ideas with confidence and respects opposing views
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft .NET
• Microsoft C#
• Microsoft SQL Server
• APIs and Microservices
• Azure DevOps
• Jira (Preferred)
• Agile Software Development Methods (Preferred)
• DevOps CI/CD (Preferred)
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.