The Director of Facilities will lead operational and strategic initiatives for Zelis sites across the organization. You will direct activities ranging from small to complex projects, negotiate with vendors and landlords, develop budgets for operating and capital budgets and maintain strong relationship with internal and external relationships across Zelis’ 7 sites in the US and India. The Director will be the face of Facilities Leadership to the quickly growing 2,600 person organization. It is expected that this role will be in the office regularly (not a remote role).
The Director will be a hands-on leader and an adept problem solver with strong analytical and interpersonal skills. The Director will develop relevant KPIs and metrics to evaluate activities and drive functional objectives.
This role is a hands-on, player/coach, and the leader needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into the operational activities while focusing on continuous improvement.
It is expected that this role will be in the office regularly (not a remote role).
- Hands on, day-to-day leadership of facility operations across the enterprise and develop a team of while overseeing all office services, including creating and managing facility processes, policies and procedures.
- Develop Facilities team to increase their capabilities and ability to support site business needs.
- Develop, manage, and execute a facility management model to support office occupancy and utilization at the site level that supports Zelis strategies.
- Develop and execute operating and maintenance plans at Zelis sites.
- Lead and manage facility projects ranging from conference room space modification to new space construction.
- Develop and execute space and facility projects to improve productivity and collaboration.
- Develop and manage site level, project, and cap-ex budgets.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement and cost efficiency initiatives.
- Work with Procurement team to competitively assess and purchase facilities and develop effective agreements.
- Create partnerships at all levels of the organization including onsite and offsite leaders ensure efficient operations and address facility matters.
- Develop dashboards, analytics and analysis to support operations and initiatives.
- Manage facility workflow using internally ticketing system and drive to issue closure.
- Manage all lease administration including notices, amendments, and other documents.
- Lead and manage all physical security and life/safety programs and provide regular reporting on access to leadership.
- Provide guidance for HVAC, energy management, waste/sustainability programs, life/safety, general maintenance, and construction activities.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key vendors and landlords, driving optimal performance.
- Ensure workplace supports health and safety of employees and visitors and that all activities and facilities comply with local laws and codes.
Required Skills and Experience
- 12-15 years’ experience in Corporate Facilities Management and demonstrated leadership managing teams at multiple locations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience with medium sized, global companies
- Strong knowledge of core buildings systems: HVAC, Electrical, Life Safety
- Strong written, verbal, negotiation, and planning skills.
- Have a “hands on”, action-oriented approach, working in a fast-paced environment to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility and professionalism.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Mature interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact with diverse audiences.
- A partnering/customer service mindset is a must.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience developing reporting on function status and areas for improvement.
- Ability to be creative and develop out-of-the box solutions and to work with abstract concepts to develop strategies and opportunities.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and present results to varied audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite. (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.