Print Operator - 2nd shift - On-site - St. Louis, MO
The Print Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the high-speed continuous ink jet equipment as well as the sheet fed production printers handling all id cards. This associate will manage jobs on the Zelis system, print paperwork, calibrate equipment, verify quality, prioritize jobs and troubleshoot equipment to meet hourly production standards. The Print Operator will monitor and ensure all quality control processes are followed while processing letters and id cards to maintain standards. The associate will be responsible for maintaining a high production throughput and should possess some mechanical and computer experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up of printing equipment and releases print files to printer according to production schedule. Checks for proper guide set-ups and sensor detections.
- Checks final prints for proper print position, content sequencing and image quality.
- Follows directions and instructions provided by the Production Manager on all production orders.
- Notifies Production Manager of any mechanical needs or machine malfunctions.
- Properly labels and tags printed lots for Letter-shop production.
- Notifies Production Manager of any quality issues, spoilage or reprints that are required.
- Follows all standard operating procedures and instructions relevant to the job, position and department accurately.
- Follows established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies, department policies, procedures, work instructions and safety and environmental guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required
- 2-3 years’ experience in production print environment preferred
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc.).
- Strong mechanical aptitude preferred
Physical Factors & Requirements:
- Stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to push large heavy paper rolls with roll carts
- Ability to bend, stoop and lay down when necessary
- Follow all safety protocols for handling ink and cleaning solutions
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Use standard office equipment
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed, significant overtime may be required during busy periods
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.