Senior Software Developer
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments optimization solutions to price, pay, and explain healthcare claims. Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments, and claims communications for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental, and workers’ compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
At Zelis Network Analytics Data Operations, we develop and support systems that integrate with and automate a wide variety of processes across several data processing teams for Healthcare Provider and related information. These systems allow Zelis to automate healthcare provider data collection, map relationships between healthcare entities, administrate domain data, manage data processing flows, notify parties of change events, provide real-time business-to-business API services, report processing status and statistics, and more.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to add to our team. Our code base uses React, Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL to ingest, process, and serve data sets, both in size and complexity, with an emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, and performance. This is an amazing opportunity for a hands-on, seasoned Software Engineer who can define and implement new and challenging technical projects.
- Writing easily maintainable, extendable, and understandable code that adheres to software engineering design principles.
- Optimizing code for efficiency, reducing unnecessary CPU and memory overhead and costs wherever possible.
- Participating in, contributing to, and creating an understanding of complex data relationships relating to health insurance plans and providers.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining scalable, and resilient software architecture to serve customer needs.
- Suggesting and making use of open-source software as well as AWS, including but not limited to Unix and typical command-line tools, Docker, and Postgres.
- Development is on MacBook Pro’s and may use the tools of your choice.
- Develop and be responsible for the manipulation of large datasets with complex relationships. This includes efficient and robust workflows, adhering to the DevOps mindset.
- Work with functional leads to understand the provider data requirements, design, and implement new features.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with React, TypeScript a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, design, algorithms.
- Familiarity using Git, Web development (HTML/JS/CSS).
- Working knowledge of integrated/unit testing, like RSpec or similar testing systems.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries in large data sets. Preferred experience in PostgreSQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated to solve complex problems.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.