Cloud Financial Operations Engineer
- AWS and Azure Cost Optimization: Leverage in-depth knowledge of AWS and Azure platforms to identify cost optimization opportunities. Collaborate with cloud architects to resolve identified areas for improvement.
- Financial Reporting Solutions: Develop and implement robust financial reporting solutions tailored to AWS and Azure environments. Provide accurate insights into cloud spending and usage trends for informed decision-making.
- Consistent Cloud Spend Forecasting: Work closely with application teams to establish and maintain consistent cloud spend forecasting. Enhance budget planning and financial control through accurate forecasts.
- Tagging Strategy Implementation: Drive the rollout of a comprehensive tagging strategy across AWS and Azure platforms. Ensure its adoption across all teams utilizing cloud resources for improved cost management.
- Reserved and Spot Instance Strategy: Define and execute a strategic rollout plan for reserved and spot instances on both AWS and Azure. Optimize cost performance while maintaining resource availability.
- Business Value Integration: Incorporate business value analysis as a core component of assessing cloud demand. Align cloud resource allocation with strategic business goals.
- Cost Allocation & Tagging Strategy: Lead the establishment of a detailed cost allocation and tagging strategy for both AWS and Azure. Collaborate closely with Cloud Practice Engineering (CPE) to ensure seamless implementation.
- Cost Allocation & Reporting Platform: Identify, evaluate, and recommend suitable cost allocation and reporting platforms for effective financial oversight in AWS and Azure environments.
- CPE Partnership for Implementation: Partner with CPE to implement the tagging strategy into architectural patterns. Collaborate to seamlessly integrate cost allocation and reporting platforms.
- Power BI Reporting and ETL Centralization: Collaborate with data engineers to build out reporting using Microsoft Power BI. Develop and implement Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) jobs to centralize FinOps reporting across multiple cloud providers.
- Customer Invoices and Reporting: Oversee the development of customer invoices, dashboards, and comprehensive reporting using the cost allocation and reporting platform for transparent communication.
- Communication Strategy Development: Create a strategic communication strategy for financial reports, bills, and executive summaries. Engage stakeholders effectively to ensure financial transparency.
- Long-Term RI Strategy: Develop and execute a long-term Reserved Instance (RI) strategy, aligning with business objectives and evolving cloud usage patterns.
- Business Value Analysis Integration: Define a process for conducting business value analysis for incoming cloud customers. Incorporate these insights into demand management processes.
- Ongoing Optimization Mechanisms: Implement mechanisms for ongoing optimization between AWS/Azure, and development teams. Maximize cost-efficiency while maintaining performance.
- Cost Models and Reporting: Design models for show back, charge back, cost allocation, and budget forecasts. Develop comprehensive reporting systems to provide clear financial insights.
- Budget Oversight: Maintain financial oversight and management of cloud operating budgets in both AWS and Azure. Ensure effective cost allocation and chargeback processes.
- Executive Presentations: Deliver business reviews to senior management, presenting progress updates and identifying roadblocks related to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Cost Management Guidelines: Define budget guardrails to optimize cost performance. Establish anomaly criteria for alerting when costs deviate within billing cycles.
- Reporting and Tracking System: Administer a robust reporting and tracking system for all TCO and economic-related activities. Ensure accurate and up-to-date records.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in cloud financial management, cost optimization, and financial reporting within AWS and Azure environments.
- Proficiency in both AWS and Azure cloud platforms is essential.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across teams and departments.
- Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, especially in senior management interactions.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI for reporting and visualization.
- Familiarity with ETL processes and tools (e.g., AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory) for centralizing FinOps reporting.
- Familiarity with AWS Cost Explorer, AWS Budgets, Azure Cost Management, and Azure Advisor.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals are a plus.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and software for financial analysis and reporting.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.