SRE Engineer - New Relic
Essential Duties and Functions
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems as well as applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure, monitor, and report of availability, latency, and overall system health based on SLIs/SLOs/SLAs.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications.
- Participating in blameless postmortems to identify resilience and reliability improvements.
- Triaging, routing, and resolution of issues and incidents identified by both internal and external stakeholders.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- 5+ years as an engineer in Infrastructure, Operations, DevOps, or Software Development experience.
- Must have knowledge in the New Relic APM platform (agent deployment, alert escalation, analytical dashboards, distributed traces, etc)
- Serve as organizational expert on the New Relic platform architecture ensuring best practices, techniques and methods.
- Applicable higher education, or equivalent work experience.
- Cloud experience with Azure or AWS.
- Experience with cloud services such as Azure, and the supporting technologies.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
- A collaborative spirit and you enjoy working with a team to build things.
- A desire to continually improve and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.
- Documentation of tribal knowledge to reduce knowledge silos and reliance on institutional memory to support and maintain reliable systems.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects in daily work use (laptop, monitors, et. al). Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Use of keyboards (typing) and exposure to computer screens occurs daily. Pleasant work environment in office locations with occasional noise or dust.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; think; and talk or hear (multi-channel, two-way communication during work hours is required).
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.