Zelis is a leading US-based company that operates in Healthcare Information Technology. We have established a Shared Services Center in India to provide Accounting and Financial services to our US-based operations.
We are currently seeking a skilled Junior Buyer to join our Shared Services Team in India. The primary role will be to review and coordinate complex, one-time, and simple multi-term purchase requests in accordance with Zelis policies and standard procurement policies. Independently handles projects up to USD 50k.
- Supports Buyer reviewing and processing purchasing requests such as purchase requisitions and small purchase orders for goods or services to ensure compliance with the Zelis purchasing procedures and user requirements.
- Prepares initial aspects of simple bids, requests for quotes, and proposals, including specifications, supporting spreadsheets, and comparisons, and issues purchase orders including change orders.
- Provides first-level liaison services between vendors and departments for order status, procurement procedures, and problem resolution; researches sources of supply; advises departments on cost-effective alternatives.
- Assists buyers in competitive assessment processes such as requests for quotes, bids, and RFXs.
- Issues purchase orders and negotiates change orders under the direction of the buyer.
- Supports collection and maintenance of key data information, vendor files, due diligence, reports, and price lists; negotiates prices and terms.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
- May assist with the validation of reports, invoices, and other procurement-related documents.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and identify opportunities to streamline accounting procedures.
EDUCATION AND professional experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP environments (SAP, Oracle, Workday, Coupa) and experience with Workday is a huge plus.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team domestically and internationally.
- Prior experience working in a Shared Services Center preferred.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Expectation to work primarily in the Zelis-India office on a regular basis (minimum 3 days a week)
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required to collaborate with teams outside of India.
We offer competitive compensation packages, including healthcare benefits and professional development and growth opportunities. If you are a motivated and detail-oriented person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.