Engineering Operations Manager
Summary - The Engineering Operations Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and improving processes designed to help Engineering work with our cross-functional partners across Product, Design, Data Engineering, Sales, and Implementation Services to efficiently deliver high-quality products. Will work with Engineering leaders and stakeholders to identify and remove blockers, communicate dependencies, minimize risks, and ensure consistent, quality software delivery. In many ways, this role will function like a Chief of Staff position for the Engineering department.
We follow an Agile methodology in small software teams to consistently deliver
high-quality software. You will partner with Engineering and Product leaders, as well as other business unit stakeholders, in the design, development and implementation of product lifecycle processes to drive efficiencies in our business.
Hiring remotely at locations below:
•St Louis, MO
•St Pete, FL
In this position, you'll be responsible for:
● Being a champion for Engineering throughout the rest of the company.
● Designing systems and processes to maintain strategic alignment across
● Helping to coordinate various Product and Engineering planning and prioritization
processes including roadmap planning, release planning, sprint planning, etc.
● Ensuring Engineering priorities and status are well understood and
communicated both within the department and with other internal stakeholders.
● Developing and reporting on metrics that will be used by the organization to
understand capacity and planning needs.
● Working with Engineering leaders and stakeholders to identify and remove
blockers, communicate dependencies, minimize risks, and ensure consistent,
quality software delivery.
● Assisting Engineering and Product leaders with management of team backlogs
with continuous refinement, prioritization, and grooming.
● Leading and/or coaching others to lead various agile ceremonies and practice agile methodologies.
● Mentoring others on the established practices and patterns used by the team.
You might be a good fit if you have:
● 3-5 years of experience in engineering or product operations, product
management, Scrum management, or a chief of staff position.
● A solid working understanding of agile best practices and demonstrated
ability to put into practice.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Experience with agile software tooling. JIRA experience a big plus.
● A collaborative spirit, and you enjoy working with a team to build things.
● Strong relationship-building skills; you can balance the needs of multiple
stakeholders and get buy-in from engineering leaders and teams.
● A desire to continually improve, and you value giving and receiving constant and constructive feedback.
● A deliberate approach to software development guided by agile principles.
● An owner’s mindset, taking ownership of not only your work throughout the
software development life-cycle, but continually looking for ways to improve the
entire product and systems for producing the product
Good to have :
- Healthcare domain experience
- Scrum Certification
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.