Provider Services Specialist
We are seeking energetic and reliable professionals to join the Payspan/Zelis team as a Provider Services Specialist. This call center position is primarily responsible for answering inbound calls from providers and healthcare facilities. The Provider Services Specialist ensures providers successfully register for Payspan services and navigate the portal to view payment details. Our Provider Services Specialists are often the first point of contact, so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer a high volume of inbound calls in an efficient manner
• Initiate outbound calls to providers that require assistance with enrolling or navigating the Payspan, Inc. provider portal
• Respond to email correspondence inquiries form providers within an established timeframe utilizing current reference materials and available resources
• Identify caller’s needs, clarify information, thoroughly research every issue, and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
• Address all questions or concerns in a compassionate and patient manner
• Engage in active listening with callers, confirm or clarify information and diffuse angry callers as needed
• Submit tickets on behalf of callers, password rests, unlock accounts and explain services that Payspan provides
• Develop professional relationships with ongoing customers through excellent customer service
• Follow-up with callers on complaints and/or helpdesk reported issues with a resolution status
• Meet or exceed call center metrics, both personally and as a team
• Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
• Utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and the prevention of fraudulent activity
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Utilize software, databases, scripts and tools appropriately
• Perform each duty efficiently with our provider’s satisfaction as the number one priority
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
• Active listening skills and attention to detail
• Ability to ask probing questions and diffuse tense situations
• Ability to navigate various computer systems – this role requires technical aptitude and the ability to navigate through multiple applications in a dual screen environment
• Ability to work in a structured call center environment, while adhering to designated schedule
• Problem solving skills
• Adaptability and accountability
• Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone voice
• Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
• Proficiency with computers, especially CRM software
• Motivated, energetic, and driven work ethic
• Must be familiar with office programs Windows, Excel, and the MS Office suite in general
• Strong typing skills with the ability to type a minimum of 40+ wpm
Required Work Experience:
• 1-2 years related call center/customer service experience
• Previous financial services or healthcare services (insurance) experience is preferred
• Bilingual/Spanish a plus
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.