Senior Customer Care Specialist
- Answer incoming phone calls from healthcare providers, clients and members nationwide and identify the type of assistance the customer needs.
- Support manager of call center to ensure proper handling of all incoming phone calls and voicemails to the department.
- Provide coaching and training to all Customer Care staff. Including performing quality audits to support employee development.
- Handle escalated “supervisor” calls
- Oversee the prompt handling and efficient turnaround of outreach requests on incomplete and balance billing inquires.
- Assist with the maintenance Standard Operating Procedures and tools for Customer Care Associates to maintain the highest levels of efficiency and uniform resolution of inquiries.
- Work closely with internal staff including Client Services, Resolution Services, Claims Editing and Bill Review & Audit to coordinate and promptly resolve inquiries.
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- 3+ years of experience within healthcare industry
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Work, MS Excel and Internet Explorer
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- High School Diploma and some College
- Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations should not exceed 5%.
- A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur based upon the overall needs of the integration, where deadlines exist and when necessary due to the needs of the integration team.
- A standard business environment exists with moderate noise levels.
- Ability to lift and move approximately thirty (30) pounds on a non-routine basis.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.