Edits and Content Analyst
The Edits and Content Analyst role is responsible for development and delivery of initiatives focused on editing and edit content management. The Edits and Content Team manages data driven edits (DDE), new edit content as well as the existing edit content using sources (AMA, CPT, AAPC, CMS, etc.).
The Edits and Content Analyst role will partner closely with the team around projects around the build out of the claims edit platform for physician and facility claims including support for communication and documentation. Will work closely with Ops, Sales & IT departments in the development and maintenance of the maintenance of content as it relates to scalability, functionality, and initiatives imperative to growth.
Hiring remotely at locations below:
•St Louis, MO
•St Pete, FL
- Primary focus on clinical edit and content development and maintenance (clinical content and data)
- Research, build and test edits to be used in the Claims Editing library of edits.
- Research, analysis, and quality assurance of content for edits within the Claims Editing library of edits.
- Use of strong coding and industry knowledge to research regulatory updates, create and maintain editing content (data used by the edits).
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Perform regulatory research from multiple sources to keep abreast of compliance enhancements and additional editing opportunities.
- Ensure adherence to quality assurance guidelines.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for content and edits and provide support where needed.
- Work closely with client teams to provide coding expertise for customer and provider inquiries
- Provide written response, documentation, and rationale for inquiries as needed.
- Utilize the most up-to-date approved Zelis medical coding sources for edit maintenance and development while also advising appropriate personnel of important changes, issues, and trends.
- Test and validate changes made to the content.
- Monitor, research, and summarize trends, coding practices, and regulatory changes.
- Performs other related responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- Maintains awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- Partner with other areas to assess and communicate impact to the business for additions, changes, or updates as it relates to content and edit updates.
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience healthcare or related industry.
- Current certified coder (CCS, CCS-P or CPC), or registered health information technician (RHIA/RHIT), or RN, LPN with coding knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Creative problem-solving skills, leveraging insights and input from other parts of an organization while remaining curious.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to act and react swiftly to continuous challenges and changes.
- Excellent analytical skills with data and analytics related solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization and project / process management skills.
- Strong initiative, self-directed and self-motivation.
- Good negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals.
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Current, active CPC or equivalent credentialing required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in business, healthcare, or technology preferred.
- Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations should not exceed 10%.
- A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur based upon the overall needs of the integration, where deadlines exist and when necessary due to the needs of the integration team.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.