Strategic Account Manager, Payments
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for overall management of their assigned clients and for maintaining a positive mutual relationship between each assigned client and Zelis. The Strategic Account Manager will independently own and manage a strategic book of business: achieving or exceeding annual revenue targets, ensuring client retention, fostering growth with additional products and services, and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
The Strategic Account Manager will work closely with Sales as well as Account Management leadership in a supporting role to nurture open opportunities for additional products and services.
- Ensuring assigned clients are satisfied through after-sales care, as well as gaining and using feedback.
- Conduct or participate in scheduled check-ins, stewardship meetings as client relationship dictates.
- Develop and maintain Client Account Plans to foster retention and drive growth.
- Analyze client revenue and review volume at product level to manage/mitigate business changes.
- Analyze performance results to determine/confirm trends, opportunities, and other variables.
- Acquire an understanding of client expectations, objectives, initiatives, and opportunities for growth.
- Take lead and ownership for all escalated issues with assigned clients. Drive for expeditious and quality resolutions. Advise senior level management and seek guidance as needed to facilitate a high quality and expeditious resolution.
- Identify upsell opportunities through new product and services to assigned book of business.
- Client education: ensure client is aware of and understands all Zelis offerings and reinforce value proposition for all new products and existing products based on deep understanding of client needs, workflow and configuration design(s).
- Responsible for risk identification such as volume decrease, service gaps, changes in client level relationships and key advocates.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve desired annual revenue and growth targets.
- Remain abreast of changing and evolving healthcare and fintech landscapes, regulations, and related health plan/payer trends.
- Partner with Project Management and Business Support throughout the implementation process of newly assigned clients/existing clients adding additional products.
- Partner with Account Management team members on client administration and reporting needs
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis standards regarding privacy and security.
- 5+ years’ experience working with/for Health Insurance companies, Fintech/banking, TPAs or PPO Networks in strategic account management or similar role.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield payer experience desired.
- Foundational knowledge of Zelis product portfolio, implementation process and overall strategy of Zelis Account Management
- Demonstrated ability to retain, upsell and optimize client relationships for contracted services.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce new product lines and/or upsell to clients.
- Strong communication and presentation skills: ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate clearly and with leadership presence to both clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Experience working with B and C-Suite client leaders to foster strong working relationships.
- Experience managing sense of urgency and ability to multitask and self-prioritize.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Team, and other MS Office products
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Jira is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations up to 50%.
- A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur based upon the overall needs of the integration, where deadlines exist and when necessary due to the needs of the integration team.
- A standard business environment exists with moderate noise levels.
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.