Vice President, Regional Health Plan Sales
At Zelis, we are driven by a singular mission: to modernize healthcare payments through innovative technology solutions. Our team, built by experts in the field, constantly pushes the boundaries to unlock value and evolve with our clients. We prioritize visibility, fostering partnerships that extend and adapt as our clients' needs change.
We are seeking a seasoned Vice President for Regional Health Plan Sales. This is a pivotal role within our organization that requires a strategic and results-driven professional. The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding Zelis' footprint into new markets, focusing on the cultivation of relationships with regional health plan partners. As a member of our team, you will play an integral part in our mission to revolutionize the healthcare payment landscape.
- Leverage existing industry contacts within regional health plans to generate new business opportunities.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to meet with potential clients and attend industry conferences.
- Lead and manage the entire sales cycle, from prospect identification and outreach to close.
- Expertly conduct cold calls to potential clients, employing strategies that engage and interest.
- Negotiate contracts skillfully, ensuring optimal terms for both parties.
- Attend industry conferences and networking events to stay updated on market trends, generate leads, and build brand awareness.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Management, or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in healthcare sales, with a particular focus on health plan sales.
- Demonstrated track record of breaking into new markets and achieving sales targets.
- Strong networking skills with a pre-established Rolodex of regional health plan contacts.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills with a keen eye for details.
- Comfortable with significant travel (up to 50%).
Skills & Competencies:
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Results-driven mentality with a dedication to achieving sales targets.
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and dependability.
Join us at Zelis as we lead the way in transforming the healthcare payments sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a critical role in our mission while building a rewarding career in a growing industry. We are looking forward to meeting the next member of our innovative team. Apply today!
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, to request the reasonable accommodation request form, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.