Overview: This role is a key member of Enterprise Controllership, responsible for a number of areas in month-end close including compensation, leases, business assets, and capitalized software. This role collaborates with the Finance accounting and FP&A teams, as well as with other areas within our organization.
This role will be hybrid; proximity to our Morristown, NJ or Atlanta, GA office.
- Participate in leading the annual audit, including monitoring of progress, identifying and clearing potential issues and implementing areas of efficiencies
- Contribute to key accounting initiatives for the enterprise, including establishing and upholding consistent policies and procedures, including compliance with internal controls and procedures
- Oversee the accounting associated with routine month-end close activities, which may include third parties or internal full-time employees
- Establish and maintain analytical procedures to strengthen the rigor of month-end close
- Support the effort to establish and maintain accounting policies
- Identify and action continuous improvement efforts, including identifying areas to implement automation and processes to improve performance and streamline processes
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship within our team, with the teams in the business units and across to the FP&A teams
- The successful candidate will have four or more years of progressive accounting and finance experience as an accounting manager or finance leader
- Accounting experience required, including the ability to identify, communicate and document complicated accounting areas with support from the Controller and Chief Accounting Officer
- Bachelor’s degree required, in business, accounting or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Public Accounting license required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, decision-making, problem-solving, team-building and time-management skills
- Natural curiosity for technical accounting and accounting policy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel data functions required Excellent organization and project management skills with attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments concurrently and to work under pressure of deadlines
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
At Zelis, we champion diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in all aspects of our operations. We embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at Zelis, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zelis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, even if you do not believe you 100% fit the qualifications of the position, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
We are dedicated to ensuring our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require a reasonable accommodation with any part of the application and/or interview process, to request the reasonable accommodation request form, please email TalentAcquisition@zelis.com
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.