Oct 5, 2023
SailPlan is a cutting-edge technology company that is dedicated to transforming the future of maritime transportation. Founded in 2019, the company is on a mission to make shipping more sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint and ensuring that it becomes NetZero. SailPlan offers a range of innovative solutions and services that enable its clients to optimize their operations and reduce their environmental impact.
SailPlan works with some of the most important names in the shipping industry to deliver a cleaner future for the world. SailPlan’s team comprises of experts with a diverse range of skills and experience, including naval architects, data scientists, and software engineers. The company’s collaborative and dynamic work culture fosters innovation and creativity, allowing the team to develop cutting-edge solutions that drive the industry forward. By combining state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to sustainability, SailPlan is leading the way towards a greener and more efficient maritime industry.
At SailPlan, you will be part of a fast-growing team, will wear many hats and have ownership over building key aspects of our platform. You will work within a collaborative environment to build the next generation of technology for the maritime industry.
If you think you have the right stuff, we are looking for YOU.
Role Description and Responsibilities
You’ll report to the Head of Operations. The company is growing fast, and so will the role, which means you have the opportunity to help define the team and the organization. You will guide implementing our proprietary software that enables maritime companies to understand and take action on all the data coming from their vessels. Focusing on project planning and contractor management, you will oversee onboarding customers and their vessels onto SailPlan’s software. The contractors that you manage will install and maintain hardware, such as sensors and power sources,as it is required to provide data into the software. You do not have to have technical expertise, but it may help in coordinating and assessing technical contractors.
You are responsible for overseeing the entire installation and integration process. You will:
- coordinate the integration of vessels with SailPlan technology
- maintain key relationships with customers throughout the integration process
- manage a team of contractors who complete the physical installation
- work with engineering and data science teams to test and certify installation
- inform and meet delivery timelines
- coordinate maintenance for customers
Core Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience managing contractors
- 3+ years experience coordinating, managing, and delivering on projects
- Experience coordinating and collaborating with engineering and sales teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for improving and delivering technology
- Passion for reducing emissions and improving efficiency
- Ability to travel internationally
- Experience in software, engineering, or maritime industries is a plus but is not required
- Startup experience
- Enjoys the water and being on and around boats
Other information or Special Requirements
This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required.