Head of Customer Experience
Guidewheel is on a mission to empower all the world’s factories to reach sustainable peak performance. Inspired by the simple, universal truth that every machine on the factory floor has a power cord, our plug-and-play FactoryOps platform makes the power of the cloud accessible to any factory. Guidewheel clips onto any machine to turn its real-time “heartbeat” into a connected, actively learning system that empowers teams to reduce lost production time, increase throughput, and perform better and better over time.
At Guidewheel we work with the factories that are the backbone of our economy, and you can have a real, on-the-ground impact right away. We have strong momentum and alignment around our mission, investor support including backing from Greycroft and top climate fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, and a culture that values diversity, growth mindset, and results. And the tight link between our mission and our business model means that reaching more of the world’s 10 million factories accelerates our positive impact on the planet.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Customer Experience, reporting to the CEO, will drive significant and sustained success for our customers. As a member of the leadership team, this person will personally manage large customers to success and will lead a world-class team in creating an exceptional experience all along the customer journey. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead Customer Experience strategy and execution to make Guidewheel’s customers wildly successful. Within 3 months, have built and be executing towards a thoughtful Customer Success strategy in line with Guidewheel’s overall goals and vision.
- Strategically manage and report on metrics to continuously improve key drivers of the business: ARR, NRR, DAU, adoption, time to value, etc. This will include identifying, prioritizing, and strategically driving upsell and expansion opportunities.
- Directly manage, develop, and support a high-performing team of Customer Success Managers, Technical Account Managers, and other teammates for scale in alignment with our growth milestones and goals. Personally manage key relationships for large accounts.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and Marketing teams to build systems, materials, and tools for a successful and frictionless customer journey at scale. This will include designing and implementing successful and scalable onboarding for new customers, new feature and product rollouts, and expansion and upsell motions.
- Lead tracking, managing, and prioritizing feedback from existing customers to strategically inform product roadmap.
- Constantly seek and implement creative new processes to improve the way we make our customers successful, testing and prioritizing for highest leverage and measuring results. This could include developing training and onboarding materials, building a user community, and designing playbooks and systems to ensure every customer is successful.
- Direct SaaS Customer Success experience, having worked closely and directly with customers to guide them to value in structured, scalable ways. Exceptional success directly guiding customers to value through operationalizing software, and creating systems to operationalize and track results.
- A track record of building and implementing world-class playbooks, systems, and processes to guide customers to success at scale.
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing top talent and building high performing teams. Track record of attracting and empowering high performers to reach their full potential and achieve more than they would have thought possible.
- Master of effective customer success techniques. Systematically empowers teams to achieve world-class performance and exceptional results at high velocity with great structure, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrated P&L success and proven track record of consistently exceeding individual and team revenue, sales and/or other quantitative goals.
- Extensive experience personally managing high-level customer relationships to expansion, including executive presence and effectiveness interacting solo with C-level audiences.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience building many aspects of a successful startup “Customer Experience engine,” including ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, implementation, customer onboarding, training, customer retention, team recruiting, learning and development, compensation plans, CRM and reporting systems, expansion pipeline and reports, and scalable processes.
- Thoughtful and fast. Understands that speed is a competitive advantage and always strives to hit their goals 10x faster than expected.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive priorities simultaneously and rigorously. Positive, resilient and constantly seeking candid feedback to improve. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
- Customer obsessed and constantly upleveling. Always seeking to learn more about and care better for our customers. Constantly pushing for the root cause and true “job to be done” to improve the product in ways that drive customer results. Easily moving between details—when they matter—while also upleveling the conversation to connect to strategic business priorities and help us find the most elegant solution.
- Entrepreneurial and driven - wants to be part of a fast growing SaaS company, set high standards, and deliver world-class results, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability as needed in a startup environment. Evidence of extreme drive, looking for a challenge and committed to winning as a team.
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Inspires others and is highly respected.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Grow with a team that believes developing talent is important, and is building that as a core strength of the company from day one.
- Be a leader in the organization, leading the way for future hires and mentoring junior team members as they join.
- Have influence and impact on the full customer journey.
- Work with a team of world-class talent.
Anywhere! Guidewheel is a distributed team and our expectation is to remain 100% remote-first for the foreseeable future. For this role, you’ll be primarily working with a team and customers on North American time zones.