Part-Time LPN - Remote - - 8-12 Hours
WHY BECOME AN OSTRONAUT?
Here at Ostro we help millions of people live healthier lives by being the missing, caring link between those who make medicines, treatments, and diagnostics, and those who take them. We create personalized healthcare journeys that boost engagement for consumers and HCPs, and drive value for life sciences brands.
We are looking for like-minded people eager to join our team and help architect the future of life science commercialization through our enterprise SaaS products. We are a small but mighty team of around 40 (for now!) internationally-based colleagues. As we grow, we are looking for Ostronauts who want to join us on our growth journey to disrupt life science digital marketing and who are ALSO committed to our values of teamwork and honesty!
Our founding team has designed and built companies on the consumer front acquired by Google, as well as enterprise tech companies deployed across The Fortune 500. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world, including RRE Ventures, Bling Capital, Founders Fund, Greycroft, and more.
PERKS OF BEING AN OSTRONAUT:
🖤 Impacting the future of healthcare - your innovations could very likely become the new norm for millions of people.
💪 Working alongside the founders of the company. If you have any entrepreneurial desire to start your own company in the future, you will see first-hand what it takes.
💯 100% fully remote but with frequent opportunities to collaborate in-person.
🖥️ Technology & office setup reimbursement, in addition to wework access!
💃🏾 Freedom and responsibility to structure your work as you desire. We measure output and results and believe freedom allows for maximum ability.
🏖️ Unlimited PTO!
👪 Family leave: up to 10 weeks of 100% paid salary.
✨ Open communication - we believe in being transparent and radically honest with no retaliation.
🥳 Competitive salary and equity
Put People First, Win as a Team, Act with Urgency and Scrappiness, Embrace Ambiguity Fearlessly, Deliver Customer Happiness, Drive for Solutions & Assume positive intent
Reporting to the Pod Lead (PL), the Consumer Support Navigator (CSN) is a remote call center specialist who is responsible for providing inbound and outbound customer (consumer) support in a Life Sciences (Biotech)environment. In addition, the focus of the CSN is to ensure that the activities of the CSN contribute to the Senior Director, Nurse Navigator Team’s overall program objectives.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the Nurse Navigator Team by answering incoming consumer inquiries/interactions in a professional manner, following client guidelines and business rules
- Perform outgoing webchats in a professional manner, following client guidelines and business rules
- Responds to consumer inquiries and provides education or information to answer questions utilizing Client approved FAQ documents
- Identify and escalate priority issues to the assigned manager and/or Nurse Navigator
- Display exemplary phone /chat etiquette utilizing approved FAQ documents
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations
- Completes all necessary compliance training in the specified timeframe
- Records appropriate information in the database in accordance with customer business rules and training
- Documents all webchat information in the database system.
- Contributes to the Nurse Navigator team by providing support for special projects, assignments, and other duties as assigned.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance, and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- 3+ Years’ Experience in Call Center within Life Sciences, Healthcare, or patient support required
- Bachelor's Degree in Science/Healthcare or Life Sciences preferred; will consider LPN or Medical Assistant
- 2+ years in the customer service field/or a combination of education and patient care experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to multitask, take direction, and maintain prioritization
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Must be able to type 35 wpm
- Spanish fluency a plus
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO?
We are looking for a Consumer Support Navigator (CSN) who is an independent worker and enjoys engaging with patients providing targeted patient education and support via webchat/SMS. CSN provides education on disease state, product mechanism of action, and product safety and facilitates patients in scheduling appointments with health care providers in their area. The goal is to empower patients through education to seek treatment for their condition and be informed about the products we support. The Consumer Support Navigator's role is limited to education, and patient engagement does not provide medical advice or clinical work. It is a remote-based role and involves patient communication via a computer-based platform.
Ostro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.