Legal & Privacy Intern
This is a remote job for interns in Brazil.
We are seeking a Legal and Privacy Intern to join our Legal team. This exciting role is ideal for a dynamic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about solving business problems. You will be important in managing various legal, compliance, and regulatory matters in a fast-paced startup environment. The successful candidate is process-oriented, analytically inclined, and has a curious mindset. You'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of legal and privacy international regulations, with a particular focus on privacy laws such as LGPD, while also gaining exposure to internet regulations and compliance for startups.
Mandatory Hard Skills 🎯
- Law student from the 4th term onwards;
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in using new technologies and creativity in problem-solving.
- General understanding of public, private, and international contracts, corporate law, compliance, and regulatory law.
- Knowledge of privacy laws, especially LGPD and GPDR.
- Able to work with Google Workspace, especially Excel and Google Docs.
Desirable Hard Skills 💕
- Experience as a teaching assistant and in research projects is an asset.
Soft Skills ✨
- Critical thinking
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Research and Analytical Skills
What You'll Do 🖥️
- Constantly review and assess privacy laws and regulations to ensure internal processes and products comply;
- Provide support in data mapping, Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA), Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA), Records of Processing Activities (ROPA), and legal & privacy due diligence for purchasing agreements;
- Assist in creating, revising, and governing internal policies and documentation related to legal & privacy;
- Develop internal documentation on processes and training materials within the company;
- Support in handling data subject requests;
- Assist in reviewing privacy documents such as customer terms, privacy policies, etc;
- Serve as the first line of contact for internal queries within the department;
- Support the continuous improvement of legal operations across various fronts to ensure efficiency, scalability, and maintenance.
Our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable in a 100% remote environment. So, you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your remote work experience! They include a flexible schedule, unlimited Paid Time Off, language and tech courses, stock options, a multicultural environment with colleagues in over 26 countries, a vibrant company culture, and more!
About Rocket.Chat 🚀
Rocket.Chat is the world's largest open-source communications platform. Built for organizations needing more control over their communications, it enables collaboration between colleagues, partners, customers, communities, and even platforms without compromising data ownership, customizations, or integrations.
Tens of millions of users in over 150 countries and organizations such as Deutsche Bahn, the U.S. Navy and Credit Suisse trust Rocket.Chat every day to keep their communications completely private and secure. As Rocket.Chat we believe in reconnecting the world, one conversation at a time! See yourself in that? So apply now!
Check out our handbook for more information about our rocket.