Sales Development Representative - NORAM
We are looking for a full-time highly skilled and dedicated Sales Development Representative to join our Marketing Team, with a hands-on approach to qualifying and handling leads. You will be responsible for generating and handling leads, qualifying them, and passing them to our Sales Account Executives to close those deals. You will be working with the US market.
We’re seeking a highly organized, self-motivated, and goal-oriented person for this role. Success requires strong discipline to follow the defined inbound sales process and execute across some performance and activity metrics. As an open-core and PLG company, we are scaling rapidly and we are looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our team and help us build this PLG motion!
Mandatory Hard Skills 🎯
- Native English;
- Experience in inbound and outbound lead generation, sales/marketing analytics and managing data quality;
- Experience working in a B2B environment;
- Previous experience working with the US market;
- Strong data and technical skills;
- Understanding of B2B data sources and tools (Apollo.io, Zoho, Discover.org, Clearbit, Sales Navigator, and more);
- Experience with SaaS and working in a B2B environment.
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, and requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Rocket.Chat;
Desirable Hard Skills 💕
- Spanish is a plus;
- Portuguese is a plus;
- Knowledge of Apollo and/or ZohoCRM is a plus.
Soft Skills ✨
- Be a good listener and communicator;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Coach-ability, curiosity, and achievement are traits that are important to you;
- Goal-oriented has ownership and brings to the process and the company;
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
What You'll Do 🖥️
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries from different sources like trials, webinars and events;
- Maximize your effort on the leads that have the highest chance of converting, and not get distracted by a high volume of low-intent leads;
- Always excel at delivering the basics of the job, including scheduling discovery calls with qualified leads, rescheduling meetings that fell through, disqualifying inadequate leads, and other tasks that the SDR role includes;
- Use email, phone, LinkedIn, and web search in your research and qualification efforts;
- Uphold daily activity metrics, as well as weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance metrics;
- Hand-off qualified leads to Account Executives for further business meetings;
- Bring together strong expertise of our product, how to identify and qualify pain and impact in a prospect, and display fluency of your target market/persona segments;
- Strong ICP (ideal customer profile) focus: Know how to be selective and focused in qualifying accounts that align with our ICP;
- Understand client needs and offer solutions and support via exceptional product knowledge;
- Apply the best practices in lead nurturing to stay in touch with prospects, and collaborate with other colleagues to devise and execute new business growth plans.
- Work with Marketing to develop and drive lead generation activities pre- and post-events and webinars;
- Nurture leads to accelerate the prospect movement through the sales funnel;
- Manage day-to-day activities and lead planning meetings with Sales and Marketing teams to define and execute business growth initiatives;
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration process;
- Create and maintain a list/database of prospective clients;
- Outbound prospecting is to be done in special circumstances/campaigns.
What You Will Not Do 🙅🏾♀️
- Overlap with Account Executives;
- Give away too much information, wrong information or not properly qualify leads in the first calls and meetings;
- Schedule calls and meetings with unqualified leads only to fill your quota.
Our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable in a 100% remote environment. So, you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your remote work experience! They include a flexible schedule, unlimited Paid Time Off, language and tech courses, stock options, a multicultural environment with colleagues in over 26 countries, a vibrant company culture, and more!
About Rocket.Chat 🚀
Rocket.Chat is the world's largest open-source communications platform. Built for organizations needing more control over their communications, it enables collaboration between colleagues, partners, customers, communities, and even platforms without compromising data ownership, customizations, or integrations.
Tens of millions of users in over 150 countries and organizations such as Deutsche Bahn, the U.S. Navy and Credit Suisse trust Rocket.Chat every day to keep their communications completely private and secure. As Rocket.Chat we believe in reconnecting the world, one conversation at a time! See yourself in that? So apply now!
Check out our handbook for more information about our rocket.