Operations Analyst, Risk
Public.com is an investing platform that helps people become better investors. Members can build a diverse portfolio of stocks, ETFs, and crypto within a single platform.
On Public, ownership unlocks an experience of content and education, contextual to their portfolio, created by a million+ strong community of investors, creators and analysts.
Public puts investors first, and doesn’t sell trades to market makers or take money from Payment for Order Flow (PFOF).
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers’ Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone’s Advancit Capital.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be a member of the Brokerage Operations team at Public. The Brokerage Operations team is responsible for many of the critical functions of Public’s business including opening member accounts, managing deposits & withdrawals, managing the universe of securities (e.g., stocks, ETFs, cryptos, alts, treasuries) available for purchase on the Public platform, and trading on behalf of Public -- among many, many other things.
As the fraud & risk management analyst, you will be responsible for identifying & preventing fraud on a daily basis and developing our long-term fraud identification processes and procedures. You will manage all of the existing processes & functions on a day-to-day basis, checking dashboards, investigating suspicious activity, and generally keeping the platform safe from bad actors. You will also launch new controls and processes working closely with the Data Analytics Team. This will involve analyzing data to detect new ways to identify and mitigate fraud, developing dashboards and tools to monitor the business. You will work with the best-in-class 3rd party vendors to incorporate new signals and technologies. You will also work cross-functionally (with product, engineering, finance, legal, and compliance) to find ways to scale and automate your successful processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone process-, detail-, and action-oriented who embodies our company principle of organized speeding. You are passionate about discovering trends and uncovering insights, and look for opportunities to operationalize new processes and procedures to allow your work to scale easily alongside our growing community.
- An agile teammate who is comfortable working independently and operating in a fast-paced environment. You can react quickly and make effective decisions to build a stronger community on Public
- Strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- 2-4 years experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Series 7 and/or 63/66 (or other FINRA certifications)
- You’re curious about the future of payments, business, and investing
- Fluency with (or strong interest in learning) SQL programming language. Experience working with Looker and Mixpanel
- You have experience working in Business, Consulting, Risk / Fraud, Computer Science, or Machine Learning
- You enjoy a bit of sleuthing!
- You’re an active member of the Public app
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.